Rapid Vienna Day Trip

ForeverAndEver

Good flight over 

Vienna cracking, brilliant day in the city 

getting into the stadium fucking farce someone is going to get seriously hurt one of these away ties , I blame the stadium set up but I also blame Rangers to, if they’ve checked our end for safety it’s blatantly obvious looking at the entrance set up it wasn’t sufficient for 2k bears trying to get in without crushing , a zigzag metal barrier that to enter had a space to fit one person through , these teams aren’t used to the volume of fans and this might be fine for a normal game but Rangers should be saying our supporters safety is in jeopardy here you’ll need to provide an alternative to get into the stadium, crushed for over a hour trying to get in.

nobody knew where our busses were after the game including our be lucky if older than teenagers Thomas cook reps , loads of lads wondering up and down the street asking each other are you day trip ? Panicking wondering how we were going to get back to the airport, busses eventually found no where near the stadium down a side street after a good 45 mins searching , sport options busses all lined up perfectly outside the ground for the bears going with them 

all in all great city , organisation from Thomas cook/Rangers and bears safety a fucking shambles 

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

RGood flight over 

getting into the stadium fucking farce someone is going to get seriously hurt one of these away ties , I blame the stadium set up but I also blame Rangers to, if they’ve checked our end for safety it’s blatantly obvious looking at the entrance set up it wasn’t sufficient for 2k bears trying to get in without crushing , a zigzag metal barrier that to enter had a space to fit one person through , these teams aren’t used to the volume of fans and this might be fine for a normal game but Rangers should be saying our supporters safety is in jeopardy here you’ll need to provide an alternative to get into the stadium, crushed for over a hour trying to get in.

nobody knew where our busses were after the game including our be lucky if older than teenagers Thomas cook reps , loads of lads wondering up and down the street asking each other are you day trip ? Panicking wondering how we were going to get back to the airport, busses eventually found no where near the stadium down a side street after a good 45 mins searching , sport options busses all lined up perfectly outside the ground for the bears going with them 

all in all great city , organisation from Thomas cook/Rangers and bears safety a fucking shambles 

Was a disgrace there was no one from the club to be seen at the turnstiles.

Btw did you see the guy kicking off at the airport because he got to Vienna Airport, somehow got through security, and then realised his flight was from Bratislava? 😂 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Btw did you see the guy kicking off at the airport because he got to Vienna Airport, somehow got through security, and then realised his flight was from Bratislava? 😂 

I’m not entirely sure what a club rep could have done at the turnstiles - he/she would undoubtedly just have got a lot of abuse from fans pissed off with the situation.

Just wait till that guy realises how much he has to pay this morning to get home!!! That’ll sober him up pretty quickly. Incidentally,  I thought the club rep did well to help diffuse the situation, as it was nothing to do with her. 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

😂😂brilliant, the club surly to fuck can’t look out our turnstile set up and say we’re satisfied with that

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

I’m not entirely sure what a club rep could have done at the turnstiles - he/she would undoubtedly just have got a lot of abuse from fans pissed off with the situation.

Just wait till that guy realises how much he has to pay this morning to get home!!! That’ll sober him up pretty quickly. Incidentally,  I thought the club rep did well to help diffuse the situation, as it was nothing to do with her. 

Couldn’t have done nothing at the time but it shouldn’t get to that stage in the first place , even stagger the busses arrival times to the stadium  , not exaggerating someone’s potentially getting seriously hurt unless this is sorted, doesn’t happen every game abroad but happens the majority of them 

9 minutes ago, left winger said:

It was carnage because the planning was clearly inadequate in the planning stage. That's down to our security team and SLO to manage in advance.

Cunts with fakes or even no tickets didn't help but they should be identified before they get near the turnstiles.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It was carnage because the planning was clearly inadequate in the planning stage. That's down to our security team and SLO to manage in advance.

Cunts with fakes or even no tickets didn't help but they should be identified before they get near the turnstiles.

Bang on mate 👍🏻👌🏻

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They should have done the ticket checks at the beginning of the walkway down to the away end. There were loads of guys with different sector tickets coming up and had no way to turn back once in that queue.

30 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Good flight over 

Our TC flight back was delayed 2 hours, fuck knows why. The TC lassie was trying to blame everyone else but bottom line is their flight crew arrived at airport same time as us (and we were late due to the TC hunt the bus fuck up) and couldn't organise getting ready a plane that had sat on the tarmac since dropping us off hours earlier. Shambles.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Our TC flight back was delayed 2 hours, fuck knows why. The TC lassie was trying to blame everyone else but bottom line is their flight crew arrived at airport same time as us (and we were late due to the TC hunt the bus fuck up) and couldn't organise getting ready a plane that had sat on the tarmac since dropping us off hours earlier. Shambles.

Fuck sake was that the jet2 flight mate ? 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They should have done the ticket checks at the beginning of the walkway down to the away end. There were loads of guys with different sector tickets coming up and had no way to turn back once in that queue.

Yep, the stadium is set up well to keep away those without the correct tickets but they fucked it by the time these guys were in queue or at turnstile.

55 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Good flight over 

Good summary . 

The queue getting in was a shambles . There was one small opening for over 2000 bears getting in , I'm not sure how anyone didn't think that would lead to a crush , which there was for a good half hour that I was there . 

We were told the buses would be just outside by the TC rep after the game , but as you know that never materialised . It would have been far better if they'd have dropped us off where they picked us up , that way we would have known where to head for instead of wandering about in hope . 

Other than that it was a good trip and quite handy having the buses drop us off at Schwedenplatz for a few hours and then transfer us to the game without the hassle of public transport . 

Btw , must have been the worst view of a game I've ever had being up against the Perspex . 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Baffling how it could be delayed for 2 hours when only us at the airport eh , shambles 

Airport officially shut at 12, not meant to be flight after that. They were shitting it as we were still sitting in departures (with fuck all access to food or drink) at 5 to midnight.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Must have been unlucky mate . I was on plane 2 and it left pretty sharp . Food was shite though :lol: 

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That was the flight we were on.

I’ve just got into work and I’m glad I only had four drinks across the entirety of the day yesterday!

21 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Good summary . 

The queue getting in was a shambles . There was one small opening for over 2000 bears getting in , I'm not sure how anyone didn't think that would lead to a crush , which there was for a good half hour that I was there . 

We were told the buses would be just outside by the TC rep after the game , but as you know that never materialised . It would have been far better if they'd have dropped us off where they picked us up , that way we would have known where to head for instead of wandering about in hope . 

Other than that it was a good trip and quite handy having the buses drop us off at Schwedenplatz for a few hours and then transfer us to the game without the hassle of public transport . 

Btw , must have been the worst view of a game I've ever had being up against the Perspex . 

How our security team can look at that entrance to the zigzag metal barriers and say we’re happy with the entry process is actually frightening 

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Airport officially shut at 12, not meant to be flight after that. They were shitting it as we were still sitting in departures (with fuck all access to food or drink) at 5 to midnight.

Shambles mate , bring back Dixon travel they were bang on every time 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

How our security team can look at that entrance to the zigzag metal barriers and say we’re happy with the entry process is actually frightening 

What was worse was it wasn't clear what was round to the right, so folk streamed round there to be met only with a wall of polis. So they just jumped the barrier into the final section of the queue. Shambles, and a dangerous one.

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Yeah . Somebody should have been there earlier on and told them a 3ft gap , with entry from all angles , was dangerous and unacceptable .

I doubt that happened though , because I just can't believe somebody ok'd it .