Rapid Vienna Day Trip

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What was worse was it wasn't clear what was round to the right, so folk streamed round there to be met only with a wall of polis. So they just jumped the barrier into the final section of the queue. Shambles, and a dangerous one.

Agree, everyone was pushing toward the gate in totally the wrong direct, but the entrance to the cordon was over to the right, no official thot to point that out....

Looking at the nic of some of the boys that went away, lost luggage, lost passports, pals going missing, suitcases vanishing, 500 quid jackets lost, missed flights, cunts getting thrown off the flights at Glasgow before take off, pals searching for each other finding one another in brothels. Fucking superb. Wish I had kept holidays for this. Proper old school trip 😂😂🤣

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Good flight over 

Vienna cracking, brilliant day in the city 

getting into the stadium fucking farce someone is going to get seriously hurt one of these away ties , I blame the stadium set up but I also blame Rangers to, if they’ve checked our end for safety it’s blatantly obvious looking at the entrance set up it wasn’t sufficient for 2k bears trying to get in without crushing , a zigzag metal barrier that to enter had a space to fit one person through , these teams aren’t used to the volume of fans and this might be fine for a normal game but Rangers should be saying our supporters safety is in jeopardy here you’ll need to provide an alternative to get into the stadium, crushed for over a hour trying to get in.

nobody knew where our busses were after the game including our be lucky if older than teenagers Thomas cook reps , loads of lads wondering up and down the street asking each other are you day trip ? Panicking wondering how we were going to get back to the airport, busses eventually found no where near the stadium down a side street after a good 45 mins searching , sport options busses all lined up perfectly outside the ground for the bears going with them 

all in all great city , organisation from Thomas cook/Rangers and bears safety a fucking shambles 

Sounds like our SLO is off to a great start in his new career. 🙄

1 hour ago, left winger said:

I’m not entirely sure what a club rep could have done at the turnstiles - he/she would undoubtedly just have got a lot of abuse from fans pissed off with the situation.

Just wait till that guy realises how much he has to pay this morning to get home!!! That’ll sober him up pretty quickly. Incidentally,  I thought the club rep did well to help diffuse the situation, as it was nothing to do with her. 

I thought every club in European competition had to have an SLO, and fan representation would be part of their remit?

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

We were told the buses would be just outside by the TC rep after the game , but as you know that never materialised . It would have been far better if they'd have dropped us off where they picked us up , that way we would have known where to head for instead of wandering about in hope . 

This would also have staggered the fans arriving at the turnstile.

Vienna was a cracking city and I enjoyed my day visit up until arriving at the stadium. 

As others have mentioned getting in was an absolute joke, situations like that put me off taking my boys to a euro game in future until they are older as someone Is going to get hurt.

Rangers were not responsible for the barrier set up but if no one from our security team or the SLO asked for a ticket check to be in place before the ground then they should all hand in their notices.

it would have been extremely easy to set up a check off the road before you walked down the hill to the ground.

got there at 5.30 and it was chaotic, ended up in the wrong queue to the left of the main one at first and it was other guys who told us we were in the wrong one with official tickets.

buses after the game was a joke too, does no one from Rangers or TC come out early to see where the buses are? They all seemed clueless and didn’t move until the police got on the loudspeaker to tell everyone the buses weren’t coming up to pick us up. But they would have known that if someone had come out early to laise with police, seems a lot of the TC reps and Rangers reps are on more of a jolly to see the game than look after the fans at time imo.

Flight delayed until 1am another joke how a plane silting all day can’t be ready to leave on time is baffling, again maybe crew away on a days jolly and left it too late to prep the plane.

maybe I’ll sign up to be a Rangers rep on these trips next year see the game and city without paying £325 for the privilege.

Pissed off right now with result and tired, but I’m sure next year I’ll be raring to go again on another euro adventure. 

I know things can’t always go to plan but I do feel Rangers can play a part in better organisation and keeping fans safe. 

This march to the stadium is the main reason its a shambles, maribor we got smashed with police, we got crushed and could of been a deadly situation last night, fucking shambles, slo, Rangers secutity and vienna all to blame, shambles, puts me off going to europe, full of absolute roasters who jump on the bandwaggon for big games and arent their at osijek, maribor etc, does my nut in.

3 hours ago, thebooler said:

Sounds like our SLO is off to a great start in his new career. 🙄

Out of curiosity what do u actually want greg to do. I spoke to him in person last night and we both agreed yes the policing was terrible last night but our own fans didn’t help as the minute the match came to the stadium the majority of that march just tried to bounce in front and the bears who had waited patiently to get in. To be honest a don’t think we should be having another march again as the union bears and there following just seem to think they are the only fans. Yes they create an atmosphere but if you give anyone a megaphone and a drum I sure they could do the same aswell. Stuck up for them in past hundreds off times. But when the crushing actually started. They had the audacity to actually try and throw there drum to front of the que. it wasn’t just the u ion bears though I may add. It was all the hanger ons as well that decided to skip in aswell and just basically act like tarriers 

1 hour ago, Rfc1872 said:

This march to the stadium is the main reason its a shambles, maribor we got smashed with police, we got crushed and could of been a deadly situation last night, fucking shambles, slo, Rangers secutity and vienna all to blame, shambles, puts me off going to europe, full of absolute roasters who jump on the bandwaggon for big games and arent their at osijek, maribor etc, does my nut in.

A great point, everyone arriving at the ground at the same time is dangerous end of story. 

What time did the March reach the ground? 

8 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

Out of curiosity what do u actually want greg to do. I spoke to him in person last night and we both agreed yes the policing was terrible last night but our own fans didn’t help as the minute the match came to the stadium the majority of that march just tried to bounce in front and the bears who had waited patiently to get in. To be honest a don’t think we should be having another march again as the union bears and there following just seem to think they are the only fans. Yes they create an atmosphere but if you give anyone a megaphone and a drum I sure they could do the same aswell. Stuck up for them in past hundreds off times. But when the crushing actually started. They had the audacity to actually try and throw there drum to front of the que. it wasn’t just the u ion bears though I may add. It was all the hanger ons as well that decided to skip in aswell and just basically act like tarriers 

Agree completely, i waited an hour before the gates opened and when everyone came it was just carnage.

However regarding Greg (SLO), they knew their was a mass ground arriving (thousands), which added on to the few hundred that were with us early, surely they could of opened the gates early to allow everyone access for their too be a empty turnstile for when the march arrived, poor planning considering Rangers security staff have weeks to plan these things.

Also, when the situation happend, not one Rangers member of staff helped or tried to even ask security too open the gates as people were getting seriously crushed. Could of honestly been a real disaster lastnight, horrible things too see, its 2018, not the 80s.

4 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

A great point, everyone arriving at the ground at the same time is dangerous end of story. 

What time did the March reach the ground? 

About 17:10 i think, and they refused to open the gates till 17:30 even though theyy were watching people struggle to move and in pain, was horrendous, so people then had to start climbing the fences to escape being crushed. Was a disgrace honestly, shambles man.

5 minutes ago, Rfc1872 said:

Agree completely, i waited an hour before the gates opened and when everyone came it was just carnage.

However regarding Greg (SLO), they knew their was a mass ground arriving (thousands), which added on to the few hundred that were with us early, surely they could of opened the gates early to allow everyone access for their too be a empty turnstile for when the march arrived, poor planning considering Rangers security staff have weeks to plan these things.

Also, when the situation happend, not one Rangers member of staff helped or tried to even ask security too open the gates as people were getting seriously crushed. Could of honestly been a real disaster lastnight, horrible things too see, its 2018, not the 80s.

They did come out and try to help From where I was but same as Villarreal they can’t actual over rule police and stewards. Our so called fans where a major part in it I’m sorry mate 

11 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

I’m not having this  absolutes nothing to do with the bears  , the set up to get in was an absolute shambles in a tinpot Stadium ,I want Greig to check our entry before matchday ,see that it’s no way suitable and change arrangements before one of us gets seriously injured , where did you speak to him in person ? No way it be outside in amongst the hour long crush ? 

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’m not having this  absolutes nothing to do with the bears  , the set up to get in was an absolute shambles in a tinpot Stadium ,I want Greig to check our entry before matchday ,see that it’s no way suitable and change arrangements before one of us gets seriously injured , where did you speak to him in person ? No way it be outside in amongst the hour long crush ? 

Spot on!

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Fair play mate that up to you. I spoke to him as I was going in ground. Waiting outside just before I got in. Mate do you think people skipping the que and barging into women and kids helped the situation? Yes the Vienna set up was shocking but we actually didn’t help ourselfs 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Blaming the march for the scenes outside the stadium is fucking piss poor patter , the zigzag metal Q barriers that no one had a clue where you entered and once you found it the one entry space a child be lucky to fit thru was the problem

Do you think it helped though? If the march came in and just went to end of que the problem wouldn’t have been half as bad. Still a joke the set up I’m not disagreeing with you out some times people need to take there staunch glasses off and realise we didn’t help the situation. 

2 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

Fair play mate that up to you. I spoke to him as I was going in ground. Waiting outside just before I got in. Mate do you think people skipping the que and barging into women and kids helped the situation? Yes the Vienna set up was shocking but we actually didn’t help ourselfs 

The barging was again caused by the entry to the ground absolutely impossible for there not to be barging , this was not not even close to being the bears fault and even thinking about pointing any blame to us is scandalous 

Blaming the march for the scenes outside the stadium is fucking piss poor patter , the zigzag metal Q barriers that no one had a clue where you entered and once you found it the one entry space a child be lucky to fit thru was the problem

The enter point was the bit all other fans where queuing up outside. No excuse why no one could find it easy enough 

This is true, if we were told where we were meant to go, that crush would never of happened....

1 minute ago, davis1986 said:

The enter point was the bit all other fans where queuing up outside. No excuse why no one could find it easy enough 

When we got there, there were a mass of bears there, we had no idea about the entry point and the crush was pushing straight towards the gates not the "entry" point...

2 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

There was no barging or crushing before the march came this is fact 

That I was unaware of, I came off one of the buses never thought or knew about the march's arrival, I was stuck in the middle of a crush...

Just now, ally62 said:

When we got there, there were a mass of bears there, we had no idea about the entry point and the crush was pushing straight towards the gates not the "entry" point...

I had been there two hours before kick off and it was clear where to go. When march came in they just skipped everyone this is fact. It’s a taboo subject I get but I feel u will never win an arguement with people who don’t want to face facts when it comes to stuff like this 

3 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

Kinda thought you were at the wind up last post this cemented it , glad you find fellow bears getting crushed a good way to fish , disgrace