Rapid Vienna Day Trip

ForeverAndEver

On a serious note just been talking to a Finnish guy who knows Vienna well and says it's an amazing place. 

Get in to the wine cellars or tram to vinyards overlooking the city.

Also the palaces worth a look if you are that way inclined.

Otherwise stick to beer and titty bars ?

11 hours ago, WestMidsBear said:

Hello all,

I've a question but first let me quickly introduce myself. I'm a lifelong Rangers & Wolves fan with a season ticket at Molineux with my brother. Growing up in three different countries, my Grandparents in Glasgow made sure they sent me the Gers home, away and third kit every year since the mid 90s...my favourite has got to be 97-99. Watching the game last night and the Villarreal one was just fantastic! It brought back memories of the PSG penalties, Porto in 05, then of course the journey to Manchester. We tried getting season tickets at the beginning of this year to no avail.

This brings me onto my question: how difficult will it be for me to buy Rapid Vienna tickets away from somebody off this forum or anyone who's not going for that matter? My Dad and I want to make sure my younger brother is as in to Rangers as I was despite never living in Scotland, so we thought a European trip...

Off to Palace away tomorrow...at the Leicester away game earlier this season, Wolves fans were singing 'we all hate celtic, we all hate celtic' on the train back home. Up the Gers!

As others said it will need to be the home end but loads of Rangers fans have bought tickets in the two sections next to our end as our allocation won't come close to the amount who look like they are travelling.

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Our conecting flight has been pulled back, leaving us 50 mins in krakow to make the flight, reckon that’s enough time?

Never done changeovers before.

They offered us a shiter of a alternative 

Glasgow>Dublin>London>Milan>Vienna 

Absoutely fuck that.

If your first flight leaves bang on time then 50mins is gonna be a rush, but do-able mate. If you are even 10 or 15 late in taking off then you will be struggling big time I would think. 

59 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

If your first flight leaves bang on time then 50mins is gonna be a rush, but do-able mate. If you are even 10 or 15 late in taking off then you will be struggling big time I would think. 

Fuck it, will need to go with it anyway. 

There other options are horrific, 12 hours +. 

Just going to go with it and hope for the best. 

3 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Our conecting flight has been pulled back, leaving us 50 mins in krakow to make the flight, reckon that’s enough time?

Absoutely fuck that.

As mentioned if your flight leaves on time you should be fine.

and also depends on the airport traffic and size. I Reckon krakow shouldn’t give you problems. Iv made connecting flights in around 45 min in some large U.S airports.

gd luck.

10 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Absoutely fuck that.

I had a 45 minute connection after Maribor and have a 50 minute one on the way back from this game. Should be fine.

On 05/10/2018 at 21:48, WestMidsBear said:

Hello all,

I've a question but first let me quickly introduce myself. I'm a lifelong Rangers & Wolves fan with a season ticket at Molineux with my brother. Growing up in three different countries, my Grandparents in Glasgow made sure they sent me the Gers home, away and third kit every year since the mid 90s...my favourite has got to be 97-99. Watching the game last night and the Villarreal one was just fantastic! It brought back memories of the PSG penalties, Porto in 05, then of course the journey to Manchester. We tried getting season tickets at the beginning of this year to no avail.

This brings me onto my question: how difficult will it be for me to buy Rapid Vienna tickets away from somebody off this forum or anyone who's not going for that matter? My Dad and I want to make sure my younger brother is as in to Rangers as I was despite never living in Scotland, so we thought a European trip...

Off to Palace away tomorrow...at the Leicester away game earlier this season, Wolves fans were singing 'we all hate celtic, we all hate celtic' on the train back home. Up the Gers!

Hospitality could be an option, 4 or more people it works out at 324 euro. 

It’s pricey but for what you get and what you’d spend in Vienna regardless it works out not too bad as a one off. 

7 minutes ago, JC10 said:

Any idea when the tickets for the home end go on sale? Couldn't find the right bit on their website and doubt I'd get one in our end as I'm on 0 points.

They are on sale as a 2 match package just now including the Villarreal game.

5 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Hospitality could be an option, 4 or more people it works out at 324 euro. 

It’s pricey but for what you get and what you’d spend in Vienna regardless it works out not too bad as a one off. 

324 a head or for 4?

1 minute ago, don logan said:

324 a head or for 4?

A head mate, wish it was for 4!

You get in 2 hours before free bar and buffet, during the game and 2 hours after. 

Easy spend 200 out in Vienna watching it so went for it with the extra and guaranteed a ticket.

11 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

They’ll wait a couple of weeks and then cancel that aswell. 

I thought they would be doing more than 1 plane as there looks to be a lot of interest for this but obviously not

Pretty much every game there has been some sort of fuck up from the Travel Club this yeat

SLO just said this on FF. Couldn't make it up.

'I believe a line in one of the emails was missed which provided a deadline. However You can contact them at travelclub@Rangers.co.uk. People on low numbers of points will struggle for this one.'

On 04/09/2018 at 21:47, Leeds_Bear said:

Me, the missus and two mates just booked to come out for the game and the weekend, not in any travel club or season tickets so going to wing it while we are there try and get some tickets or go for tickets in the home end. 

Stadium seems to be a 30k seater so reckon be a good shout for some home tickets?! 

me and Mrs doing the same flying from Heathrow on the Wednesday staying till Saturday...hoping to get a ticket as not season tick holders or members of travel club