Rapid Vienna Day Trip

ForeverAndEver

51 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

People travelling with a club partner prioritised over folk travelling with Ryanair? You don't understand where the club's priorities would lie?

You know as well as everyone else the travel club prices are a joke. People who have the most points should be prioritised, that's the purpose of a points system. 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That's probably the whole point for the travel partner. Enough tickets to run a flight or two, they pay Rangers for the partnership, we pay more than travelling independently. Probably with that little incentive that paying that bit more this way, benefitting the club via TC, might give more chance of a ticket.

Seems sound business logic and pretty naive to think / want it not to be so.

But it shouldn't give you more chance of a ticket, it's not a fair way to do it. I'm not saying this from a selfish point of view either btw, I'm on 4 points so will get one regardless(barring a disaster) but it's nonsense.

Just now, Queens 11 said:

You know as well as everyone else the travel club prices are a joke. People who have the most points should be prioritised, that's the purpose of a points system. 

I know fuck all detail tbh mate.

Prices before were out of my reach. But the folk paying those prices, through a club partner, yeah I'd always assumed they'd get a ticket. Rapid prices are far from a joke imo, hence I can afford it.

Do I think the club should prioritise someone on x points travelling with the travel club compared to an independent?  Yes, I would. Rightly, fairly, or not. It makes business sense to the club.

Should I get a travel club ticket with 0 points before someone with 2 or 3 going independently? No I don't think so. But where are the criteria set out, is this the case, are points the main criteria etc? Fuck knows.

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I meant the trips I've no problem with the £20 they take

Ah right. Probably worth saying that the Travel Club itself isn't a significant money making exercise for the club but Tam Cook definitely make a decet wedge off the official club flights.

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

But it shouldn't give you more chance of a ticket, it's not a fair way to do it. I'm not saying this from a selfish point of view either btw, I'm on 4 points so will get one regardless(barring a disaster) but it's nonsense.

Its naive to think the club wouldnt or shouldnt support a business partner over independent travellers. Per se.

I

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I know fuck all detail tbh mate.

Prices before were out of my reach. But the folk paying those prices, through a club partner, yeah I'd always assumed they'd get a ticket. Rapid prices are far from a joke imo, hence I can afford it.

Do I think the club should prioritise someone on x points travelling with the travel club compared to an independent?  Yes, I would. Rightly, fairly, or not. It makes business sense to the club.

Should I get a travel club ticket with 0 points before someone with 2 or 3 going independently? No I don't think so. But where are the criteria set out, is this the case, are points the main criteria etc? Fuck knows.

Mate, that's ridiculous. People who are saving up year round to go on these trips should take priority over people who are going on 1 but travelling a certain way. We're not talking about any kind of decent money for the club either.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Its naive to think the club wouldnt or shouldnt support a business partner over independent travellers. Per se.

I

That doesn't right and as I said I don't agree with us having the partnership with them.

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Mate, that's ridiculous. People who are saving up year round to go on these trips should take priority over people who are going on 1 but travelling a certain way. We're not talking about any kind of decent money for the club either.

You're comparing points again.

As a business partner, that backs the club, I'd expect the club to meet their demands for tickets by and large.

Ive already said on a points based argument I don't think it right.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That's a separate argument. We do have the arrangement, so given they are a partner, how do we do the right thing by them?

That's a two way street and they haven't done the right thing by us with the lack of flights they have put on throughout our run so far.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

That's a two way street and they haven't done the right thing by us with the lack of flights they have put on throughout our run so far.

But they have now. So given they have now, should we not reciprocate?

You seem not to like TC. Fine. No matter who it is, I'd expect us to give them a preferential whack of tickets. If we didn't, they wouldn't be able to lay on the same package deals which effectively makes the partnership a fuck up.

It is what it is. TC I can afford this time, likely won't often again. But I'll still accept if I'm on x points going independent someone on x points going with the travel club is likelier than me to get a ticket. It makes sense.

Phoned Thomas cook there as only recieved one email saying dear supporter you’ve been successful when 2 of us had booked , lad on the phone confirmed both of us were successful just incase anybody else on here is in the same boat , I’d still phone to confirm though we all know to well what Rangers ticket office and Thomas cook are like ?

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Phoned Thomas cook there as only recieved one email saying dear supporter you’ve been successful when 2 of us had booked , lad on the phone confirmed both of us were successful just incase anybody else on here is in the same boat , I’d still phone to confirm though we all know to well what Rangers ticket office and Thomas cook are like ?

Same as me.

Both of us now confirmed.

11 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

But they have now. So given they have now, should we not reciprocate?

You seem not to like TC. Fine. No matter who it is, I'd expect us to give them a preferential whack of tickets. If we didn't, they wouldn't be able to lay on the same package deals which effectively makes the partnership a fuck up.

It is what it is. TC I can afford this time, likely won't often again. But I'll still accept if I'm on x points going independent someone on x points going with the travel club is likelier than me to get a ticket. It makes sense.

Our regular travelling supporters should mean more to the club than Thomas Cook.

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

It’s to hard for this mob to make things clear eh 

Like you , I only got one email but if you log into your account at the bottom of the page there should be two ( or however many ) sales . 

If you click on them individually , it gives you the different names ?

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Like you , I only got one email but if you log into your account at the bottom of the page there should be two ( or however many ) sales . 

If you click on them individually , it gives you the different names ?

Ah ,didn’t give it a thought to check my account mate ??

Fair dos, decent decision, very welcomed too...

============

Dear Rangers FC supporter,

Hope you’re looking forward to the trip in December.

Excellent win at the weekend.

We have decided to delay the payment process until 1st November 2018. This is to allow supporters a little more time to arrange for money to be in accounts/pay day to come round.

On 1st November we will begin taking payments, please remain patient as this can take a few days.

Towards the end of November you will receive more information on the flight allocations and timings for the trip.

Any questions, please email sport@thomascooksport.com

Many thanks,

Thomas Cook Sport

Thomas Cook Sport is part of the Thomas Cook Group plc

• 2 weeks later...