Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ForeverAndEver

Rapid Vienna Day Trip

Recommended Posts

Just now, ally62 said:

That I was unaware of, I came off one of the buses never thought or knew about the march's arrival, I was stuck in the middle of a crush...

Did u see the march arrive? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, davis1986 said:

I had been there two hours before kick off and it was clear where to go. When march came in they just skipped everyone this is fact. It’s a taboo subject I get but I feel u will never win an arguement with people who don’t want to face facts when it comes to stuff like this 

I'm not blaming anyone, just thought the entry to the ground was badly planned, don't think it's made in mind for a large support arriving at one time..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Kinda thought you were at the wind up last post this cemented it , glad you find fellow bears getting crushed a good way to fish , disgrace 

It was a combination of the police and our fans. To say I’m fishing and disgrace is out of order I’m sorry. I must have not have been involved in crush then eh 

2082D485-98FD-49E6-8EE3-F1FBC1D41ECC.jpeg

90396C05-680C-44DD-B93B-9873219948F3.jpeg

5C7FFAA1-620F-4D1E-A81D-4CC65AFD3BA6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, davis1986 said:

Did u see the march arrive? 

No, as I said earlier I was stuck in a mass of peeps, the UB were in the ground before I eventually got in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ally62 said:

No, as I said earlier I was stuck in a mass of peeps, the UB were in the ground before I eventually got in.

There was no crush until the march arrive this is fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, davis1986 said:

There was no crush until the march arrive this is fact. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just did not know anything about the march arriving.

Anyway, I survived and got in ..so all was well !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree to an extent that the march did cause it, hearts away last week, Their was a massive cue about a mile long to get into the ground, no barging because people arrived in dribs and drabs.

Bringing that many people to the ground at one time is just a accident waiting to happen, including the hundreds with fakes and no tickets atall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

It was a combination of the police and our fans. To say I’m fishing and disgrace is out of order I’m sorry. I must have not have been involved in crush then eh 

2082D485-98FD-49E6-8EE3-F1FBC1D41ECC.jpeg

90396C05-680C-44DD-B93B-9873219948F3.jpeg

5C7FFAA1-620F-4D1E-A81D-4CC65AFD3BA6.jpeg

Ye look at the pics of the bears disgraceful standing waiting to get in to a shambles of a stadium that our club ok’d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

There was no crush until the march arrive this is fact. 

What time was that? 

I got off the Travel club buses and headed straight to get in about 5.30pm and I wouldn’t call it a crush but it was a little hairy for a couple of minutes, but there were a lot of sensible bears who took a step back as there was plenty of time to get into the ground at that point.

There were youngsters at that point skipping in who really need to have a word with themselves.

Boy on my plane home said he knew plenty of boys who got in without tickets not sure how that was possible as unless they got behind the guys scanning the tickets? But even then someone had to let you through the gate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rfc1872 said:

About 17:10 i think, and they refused to open the gates till 17:30 even though theyy were watching people struggle to move and in pain, was horrendous, so people then had to start climbing the fences to escape being crushed. Was a disgrace honestly, shambles man.

Got there after that, bus left for ground about 4.40pm and took about 45mins even with the escort through the Vienna traffic, which I must say was very well executed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

What time was that? 

I got off the Travel club buses and headed straight to get in about 5.30pm and I wouldn’t call it a crush but it was a little hairy for a couple of minutes, but there were a lot of sensible bears who took a step back as there was plenty of time to get into the ground at that point.

There were youngsters at that point skipping in who really need to have a word with themselves.

Boy on my plane home said he knew plenty of boys who got in without tickets not sure how that was possible as unless they got behind the guys scanning the tickets? But even then someone had to let you through the gate.

I’d say roughly just before 5.30 mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

It was a combination of the police and our fans. To say I’m fishing and disgrace is out of order I’m sorry. I must have not have been involved in crush then eh 

You can’t blame our fans. Its one of the biggest lessons learned from Hillsborough and other crowd control  scenarios.

Large groups of people behave in certain ways and where you have entry into grounds it’s the authorities job to safely plan for an entry which stops large, mass build ups from happening which can become dangerous.

In the case of last night the authorities allowed many people to enter an area they did not have tickets for when they should have been triaged to the right areas prior to gaining final entry to the stadium.

We got crushed up against the zig zag barrier at the first turn because people assumed it was a straight line to the turnstiles because you couldn’t see.

We ended up getting helped over into the queue because it was much safer to be in it instead of getting crushed into it, while people in the queue we’re having to come out as they were in the wrong area because no one told them where their tickets were for.

It all comes down to proper planning and having identifiable stewards, officials and police, none of which were anywhere to be seen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davis1986 said:

The enter point was the bit all other fans where queuing up outside. No excuse why no one could find it easy enough 

There was no queue when I got there , just a mass of bodies . The one entry point , which was the problem , seemed to be in the middle , allowing for access from all directions which only created chaos .

Nobody,  on arrival , knew where to go.  There was no direction , there was no signage or stewards showing the way . 

Not sure if you can blame the march , it really could have been anyone coming in and not knowing when to go . The problem could have been alleviated had the authorities opened the doors earlier when it became apparent what was happening . 

Cedrick likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched it in a boozer in Vienna last night, it was a brilliant night excluding the result as it was just a sash bash from start to finish but a lot of the people coming back from the game said about the crushing and also at least 5 bears I spoke to says they skipped in, stupid yes but it happens everywhere if its not policed correctly which from what Ive heard it wasn't.

Also once everyone had left for the stadium from schwedenplatz (sp?) The police presence suddenly multiplied even though the place was now empty as the rest of the bears there had moved on to pubs to try catch the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, davis1986 said:

There was no crush until the march arrive this is fact. 

Could say it was when all Thomas cook Rangers travel club buses arrived at the stadium all at once so again Rangers planning fault 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First European trip for me yesterday. Had some time to reflect on the day now. Overall, I enjoyed it! Disappointing scoreline and disappointing lack of creativity from our players on the night, but the most important thing that has stuck with me is that our travelling support is absolutely second to none! We sing for one another (the full songbook was out last night including a few numbers which I didn’t even know, but thought they sounded superb), stand up for one another, fight for one another, look out for one another etc. Reckon the majority of fans will say that overall they enjoyed their day too. We really are the lifeblood of the club so I hate hearing the defeatists throwing the towel in already. There’s still a long way to go in this league season and it ain’t over til it’s over. We all go again on Sunday! WATP!

P.S. Did anyone see the boy in the party lanes at the Schwedenplatz spraying the bottle of Veuve Cliquot Champagne all over the place? Was trying to pop the cork with the metal wire thingy still over the top. Mad bastard probably spent about 80 euros on a bottle of the stuff from one of the boozers xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

First European trip for me yesterday. Had some time to reflect on the day now. Overall, I enjoyed it! Disappointing scoreline and disappointing lack of creativity from our players on the night, but the most important thing that has stuck with me is that our travelling support is absolutely second to none! We sing for one another (the full songbook was out last night including a few numbers which I didn’t even know, but thought they sounded superb), stand up for one another, fight for one another, look out for one another etc. Reckon the majority of fans will say that overall they enjoyed their day too. We really are the lifeblood of the club so I hate hearing the defeatists throwing the towel in already. There’s still a long way to go in this league season and it ain’t over til it’s over. We all go again on Sunday! WATP!

P.S. Did anyone see the boy in the party lanes at the Schwedenplatz spraying the bottle of Veuve Cliquot Champagne all over the place? Was trying to pop the cork with the metal wire thingy still over the top. Mad bastard probably spent about 80 euros on a bottle of the stuff from one of the boozers xD

Sounds superb mate 👍

BouncyBluenose87 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Cracking day. Vienna is a top City , walked round  bits of it during the day. Get into ground and met @fanaticCR , he looked sober 👀👀👀

You’ve a cheek, took 5 pictures of us in the ground and every single one of them your fat thumb is in the way :lol: 

thebooler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

First European trip for me yesterday. Had some time to reflect on the day now. Overall, I enjoyed it! Disappointing scoreline and disappointing lack of creativity from our players on the night, but the most important thing that has stuck with me is that our travelling support is absolutely second to none! We sing for one another (the full songbook was out last night including a few numbers which I didn’t even know, but thought they sounded superb), stand up for one another, fight for one another, look out for one another etc. Reckon the majority of fans will say that overall they enjoyed their day too. We really are the lifeblood of the club so I hate hearing the defeatists throwing the towel in already. There’s still a long way to go in this league season and it ain’t over til it’s over. We all go again on Sunday! WATP!

P.S. Did anyone see the boy in the party lanes at the Schwedenplatz spraying the bottle of Veuve Cliquot Champagne all over the place? Was trying to pop the cork with the metal wire thingy still over the top. Mad bastard probably spent about 80 euros on a bottle of the stuff from one of the boozers xD

Seen that tit he was at it for a good 5/10 minutes :lol: it was my first proper away trip as well and even though I never managed to get a ticket for the game the couple of days were superb but now my throat is in absolute tatters, still in Vienna the now wishing I had booked my flight home for today.

BouncyBluenose87 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking trip so far. Was in Bratislava for a day, then Vienna for 2... watched the game in a small pub just across the water with a few good bears... and now in Munich before flying back tomorrow. Had a great time. Our fans were outstanding. 

CoopsLaud likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...