Rapid Vienna Day Trip

ForeverAndEver

Aint going Vienna no more, £500+ for 20 hours in Vienna and no ticket isn't appealing to me a week before christmas.

Got a ticket for villareal at ibrox, so will make a trip out of that and make do for this season haha, will save up and plan properly to get to a couple of euro aways next year..

Hope all going to Vienna have a shit hot time! give it stacks! WATP!

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Why?

Because it is going to mean a hell of a lot of people on points miss out for people on 0. Not fair at all. They haven't bothered running flights to half our trips this season but have seen the demand here is big and seen a chance to make some £.

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

There’s 3 Sports Options flights going as well albeit they don’t get guaranteed tickets 

It's a credit to our support but makes a mockery of the points system.

1 minute ago, Queens 11 said:

Am I getting it right that people on the official flights have an advantage over independent travel? If this is the case why hasn't it been mentioned before? I'm on 3 so should be I should be fine but not fair on others. 

They do get priority but it isn't a new thing it has always been like that

3 minutes ago, Queens 11 said:

Am I getting it right that people on the official flights have an advantage over independent travel? If this is the case why hasn't it been mentioned before? I'm on 3 so should be I should be fine but not fair on others. 

It has been mentioned on here before but not sure if theres anything official from the Travel Club about it. 

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Because it is going to mean a hell of a lot of people on points miss out for people on 0. Not fair at all. They haven't bothered running flights to half our trips this season but have seen the demand here is big and seen a chance to make some £.

They're a travel business/ corporate partner. Criticise their failings aye but this is what they should have been doing the whole time. 

A direct, club linked option getting a chunk of tickets and giving fans a reasonably priced package is credit worthy not criticism worthy. More money to the club hopefully via the partnership.

How they then allocate those tickets us a separate issue altogether. I agree people on points should be prioritised, that should be the same whether travel club or independent. 

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

It's a credit to our support but makes a mockery of the points system.

What's the advertised criteria? Is it just the travel club ie Thomas cook to blame? Will independent travellers be prioritised perfectly?

8 minutes ago, Queens 11 said:

People travelling with a club partner prioritised over folk travelling with Ryanair? You don't understand where the club's priorities would lie?

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

They're a travel business/ corporate partner. Criticise their failings aye but this is what they should have been doing the whole time. 

A direct, club linked option getting a chunk of tickets and giving fans a reasonably priced package is credit worthy not criticism worthy. More money to the club hopefully via the partnership.

How they then allocate those tickets us a separate issue altogether. I agree people on points should be prioritised, that should be the same whether travel club or independent. 

What's the advertised criteria? Is it just the travel club ie Thomas cook to blame? Will independent travellers be prioritised perfectly?

IMO the Travel Club shouldn't be a money making exercise for the club, they make enough off us as it is. I don't think them running 2 reasonably priced packages out of 7 games is credit worthy at all. I know they ran to Maribor but the price of that was a disgrace. Villarreal turned into a farce as well.

It's Thomas Cook and Rangers to blame, the partnership has been a shambles from start to finish.

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

IMO the Travel Club shouldn't be a money making exercise for the club, they make enough off us as it is. I don't think them running 2 reasonably priced packages out of 7 games is credit worthy at all. I know they ran to Maribor but the price of that was a disgrace. Villarreal turned into a farce as well.

It's Thomas Cook and Rangers to blame, the partnership has been a shambles from start to finish.

You seem to want to criticise though when they have actually got it right. 

Why would TC as a partner get involved with Rangers if not to make money? Why would Rangers not facilitate a partner succeeding. Win win improves future contract negotiations.

This suits me this time, was affordable, and I got a ticket. Ive heard plenty times that it was too expensive for folk like me but i wouldn't criticise the travel club for offering a jaunt they deemed viable, or the club for promoting and prioritising it with tickets, or for those who paid more for their tickets this way perhaps with less points than others.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You seem to want to criticise though when they have actually got it right. 

Why would TC as a partner get involved with Rangers if not to make money? Why would Rangers not facilitate a partner succeeding. Win win improves future contract negotiations.

This suits me this time, was affordable, and I got a ticket. Ive heard plenty times that it was too expensive for folk like me but i wouldn't criticise the travel club for offering a jaunt they deemed viable, or the club for promoting and prioritising it with tickets, or for those who paid more for their tickets this way perhaps with less points than others.

I don't think they have got it right though. Giving the day trip as many tickets as they look like they are getting doesn't sit right with me. As I said I don't think the travel club should be used as a way to make money. I'm not in favour of us having a partnership with Thomas Cook. 

21 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Do you mean the payment to get into the travel club itself or the prices of the trips? As a club we'll make a bit from people registering but for the trips themselves Thomas Cook will make 95% of the profits of your travel club sanctioned trip. Very little of that trip profit will actually go to Rangers.

10 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Do you mean the payment to get into the travel club itself or the prices of the trips? As a club we'll make a bit from people registering but for the trips themselves Thomas Cook will make 95% of the profits of your travel club sanctioned trip. Very little of that trip profit will actually go to Rangers.

I meant the trips I've no problem with the £20 they take

23 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I don't think they have got it right though. Giving the day trip as many tickets as they look like they are getting doesn't sit right with me. As I said I don't think the travel club should be used as a way to make money. I'm not in favour of us having a partnership with Thomas Cook. 

That's probably the whole point for the travel partner. Enough tickets to run a flight or two, they pay Rangers for the partnership, we pay more than travelling independently. Probably with that little incentive that paying that bit more this way, benefitting the club via TC, might give more chance of a ticket.

Seems sound business logic and pretty naive to think / want it not to be so.