Moscow Away

TunnyLoyal

33 minutes ago, TunnyLoyal said:

What is your plans?

What info do you have on getting visa?

I booked the £519 Thomas Cook day trip today. Been wanting to go to Moscow for years to watch the bears so can't wait for this one.

Lovely city. Well worth it for the week if you get time.  For Visa info go to http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/

Day trip to Moscow , what’s going on with Thomas cook and the travel club , starting to think they’re going out their way to make it as shite as they can for the bears to travel , there will be hardly any spare time at all during the day between flights and the match for bears to get a look about the place  , Dixon travel used to be top notch 

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Day trip to Moscow , what’s going on with Thomas cook and the travel club , starting to think they’re going out their way to make it as shite as they can for the bears to travel , there will be hardly any spare time at all during the day between flights and the match for bears to get a look about the place  , Dixon travel used to be top notch 

Correct mate .. I went the last time and it was overnight before the game .. Thomas cook want you in for the game and straight home .. Moscow needs a good look about 

25 minutes ago, burnbank bear said:

Correct mate .. I went the last time and it was overnight before the game .. Thomas cook want you in for the game and straight home .. Moscow needs a good look about 

Bang on , bordering on what’s the point even running trips , bears sort out better trips themselves 

Tourist Visa
1. Current passport which should be valid for a minimum of six months after
visa's
expiration date and has at least 2 blank pages which do not need to be
consecutive.
2. Visa application form filled in and printed out from this website only:
ru.vfsglobal.co.uk  Kindly ensure that
the dates of your entry and exit, as entered in the application form, match
with or fall
within the period specified in the supporting documents.
3. A 'Tourist voucher' and a 'Tourist confirmation' document stamped and
signed by
authorized person. They can be obtained through your hotel or an approved
travel agent
who deals with trips to Russia, and should be valid for the entire duration
of your trip. The
stamp and all details should be clearly readable.
4. One recent passport size photo glued to the indicated space on the
application form.
5 Applicants going for auto tourism should enclose the Registration
Certificate of the
vehicle they intend to travel by and covering letter mentioning the details
of the journey, itinerary and names of the accompanying travellers.
6. For EU countries citizens Travel insurance.
7. For EU countries proof of UK residence.

Notice: Tourist Visa is issued according to the dates specified in the
voucher and
confirmation and can be for a maximum period of 30 days. Kindly ensure that
the dates of
your entry and exit, as entered in the application form, match with or fall
within the period
specified in the supporting documents

Looking to go to Moscow but only just signed up for travel club this week so not confident I will get a ticket.  Thomas Cook price for day trip very steep, especially when you have to add on an extra £140 visa costs and match ticket.  Can get flights going via Stansted for less than half the price and would prefer this option as I could get to see a bit of the city before going to the game.  Would like to get ticket for game and travel independently but not sure how realistic this option will be? 

16 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Looking to go to Moscow but only just signed up for travel club this week so not confident I will get a ticket.  Thomas Cook price for day trip very steep, especially when you have to add on an extra £140 visa costs and match ticket.  Can get flights going via Stansted for less than half the price and would prefer this option as I could get to see a bit of the city before going to the game.  Would like to get ticket for game and travel independently but not sure how realistic this option will be? 

I am pretty sure you will get a ticket travelling independently as there won't be that many bears going due to the cost and hassle with visa.

Spoke to a mate who went to UFA.

Click Tourist and then the UK then proceed to the application (£104 I think)
http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/Proceed_To_Online_Application_Form.html

2. https://ivisaonline.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0tzGtoT83AIVRbDtCh2Bag6aEAAYASAAEgIEWvD_BwE

The lassie at the visa centre will give you an email, you’ll email your invitational support letter to and she attaches it on her computer to your application mate (£21 I think)

3. You need to get hotel you are staying in to send you visa invite. Not sure what I will do as I will not have digs as doing day trip so have emailed travel club to ask advice.

Russian Visa Application Centre
64 Albion Rd, Edinburgh EH7 5QZ

21 minutes ago, Almacger said:

I don't think you'll have too much trouble. Big stadium which is rarely full and I'd say most people will go to Austria and or Spain due to cost, visa, etc. Should be plenty of tickets. 

4 hours ago, BallochBear said:

8th November,  FFS it'll be freezing ?

It's acutally not that bad despite the temperatures.   It's a very dry, still cold over there, not howling winds and lashing sleet like you get here.   If you wrap up warm you should be fine.

10 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Yes mate Dixon travel was good but I always used to stay at least one night never done a day trip.