***Official Nations League Thread****

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, barrymorrison1 said:

He looks unwell to me 

It's been a concern of mine for a while, he has aged so much and seems a bit dottle as well. Big Eck should do the right thing for his own health and sanity, and step down - it's obvious that there is a bit of a cabal (celtic minded) growing against him and those players will not play for him, as was evident in the game and the nonsense with Griffths and Brown immediately retiring from international football.

35 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It's been a concern of mine for a while, he has aged so much and seems a bit dottle as well. Big Eck should do the right thing for his own health and sanity, and step down - it's obvious that there is a bit of a cabal (celtic minded) growing against him and those players will not play for him, as was evident in the game and the nonsense with Griffths and Brown immediately retiring from international football.

There is a guy I know who goes into our local bowling club for a pint as he stays close by, and  he is a celtic supporter I must add.

well, he has a good job with hmrc, (he actually does this for a living and not a keyboard tax inspector), and whilst we were discussing the last Scotland match the weekend after it was played, I mentioned that eck looked unwell and stressed, and the guy I know mentioned he could be stressed because hmrc are after him because for precious tax offences.

I’m only quoting what this guy said, I’ve known him for years and for a taig, normally is ok. 

If that were the case, should the SFA have given him the job, and do they actually know if he is getting investigated, and even if the tax thing is a false flag, should they actually be employing a man who, from everyone to the outside, looks confused, tired, mumbles when speaking, and looks lost in the dugout when matches have been played?

this needs to either turn around quickly or take steps to remove him or he should remove himself for his own health reasons.

42 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

There is a guy I know who goes into our local bowling club for a pint as he stays close by, and  he is a celtic supporter I must add.

well, he has a good job with hmrc, (he actually does this for a living and not a keyboard tax inspector), and whilst we were discussing the last Scotland match the weekend after it was played, I mentioned that eck looked unwell and stressed, and the guy I know mentioned he could be stressed because hmrc are after him because for precious tax offences.

I’m only quoting what this guy said, I’ve known him for years and for a taig, normally is ok. 

If that were the case, should the SFA have given him the job, and do they actually know if he is getting investigated, and even if the tax thing is a false flag, should they actually be employing a man who, from everyone to the outside, looks confused, tired, mumbles when speaking, and looks lost in the dugout when matches have been played?

this needs to either turn around quickly or take steps to remove him or he should remove himself for his own health reasons.

Not sure about his tax situation but wouldn’t surprise me. And if that is the case and is causing him stress, he won’t be walking away from this job as he probably needs the money. He hasn’t worked in sometime and you can tell why. It’s not even the mumbling - SAF was the same, but with McLeish what he does mumble doesn’t mean much. It’s a strange one, we could have easily attracted a young hungry manager but the what do you expect from the SFA! 

Surely Eck doesn't want to manage so badly as to put his own health as risk.

I guess it doesn't help when he has to put up with fannies like the thumb, who would rather be wearing the green of the republic.

He's probably better off out of it. The trannies haven't forgiven him for taking the Birmingham job anyway. He doesn't have the squad or the resources.

Best thing he could do is tell the SFA to shove their job and find a lower level/grass roots job to rediscover the spark of why he wanted to get into management in the first place.

1 hour ago, miracle said:

Fire in the hole, I can't see Eck lasting much longer.  Who do they get in though? Stubbs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45850784

I can see him being done, if he loses to Albania away. Scottish media already heaping on the pressure. 

If he goes I honestly don't see any decent manager coming in. There was hardly a long line when Strachan got the boot. 

2 hours ago, miracle said:

Fire in the hole, I can't see Eck lasting much longer.  Who do they get in though? Stubbs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45850784

I think he will be gone, even if Scotland do manage to top the group. The EURO2020 qualifications begin in March, so will be plenty of time to get a replacement in. I can see the SFA going for Michael O'Neill again, particularly as NI look like they are on the slide now.

Archived