***Official Nations League Thread****

Honestly anyone who has been watching this game and saying grezda is shite etc needs their head checked. What you expect playing alongside the players he has and down to 10 men? Every time he has got on the ball he has looked sharp in his passing and taking on defenders. As soon as it went 3-0 and the game was over what you want him to do? Go sliding in and start throwing challenges about and getting injured ?

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

You obviously ain't been watching the game have you ?

True. Only bits & bobs.

But I’ll struggle to believe you if you try & tell me he’s been good.

And I know they’re down to ten men.

9 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Is this an attempt at a wind up? Hes a winger playing in a team with 10 men. Seriously though, I haven't got sky  so haven't watched it. Has he been allright?

Only seen part & only time I saw him was while their guy got sent off.

Anyway, the world of football is not made up of Albanian superstars, was more the point.

That said, I thought he was decent on Sunday, to be fair to him.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

True. Only bits & bobs.

But I’ll struggle to believe you if you try & tell me he’s been good.

And I know they’re down to ten men.

Been decent on the ball in terms of taking players on. First half he had Patterson on toast skinning him a few times which led to Patterson being booked for a cynical challenge. His passing and vision looks decent as it could be considering the circumstances. He's made a few good runs as well which haven't been picked up by his team mates. Even the commentators which includes Provan have said he looks a really good player playing in a poor team. That's pretty much the gist of it and if you haven't watched the game why come on and give your opinion and when someone who has watched the game tells you the facts of the match say you don't believe them? 

2 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Been decent on the ball in terms of taking players on. First half he had Patterson on toast skinning him a few times which led to Patterson being booked for a cynical challenge. His passing and vision looks decent as it could be considering the circumstances. He's made a few good runs as well which haven't been picked up by his team mates. Even the commentators which includes Provan have said he looks a really good player playing in a poor team. That's pretty much the gist of it and if you haven't watched the game why come on and give your opinion and when someone who has watched the game tells you the facts of the match say you don't believe them? 

Well said, I think Grezda will be an asset when we are forcing the game through the wings - definitely something about him.

9 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Honestly anyone who has been watching this game and saying grezda is shite etc needs their head checked. What you expect playing alongside the players he has and down to 10 men? Every time he has got on the ball he has looked sharp in his passing and taking on defenders. As soon as it went 3-0 and the game was over what you want him to do? Go sliding in and start throwing challenges about and getting injured ?

There’s a difference between wondering just how good someone is & saying they’re shite ffs!

However, he plainly hasn’t influenced much, or Scotland 3rds would not have won to zip.

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Well said, I think Grezda will be an asset when we are forcing the game through the wings - definitely something about him.

Definitely looks like he has something to open up defences. Just needs to keep fit and playing and reckon he will be a Big player for us to come.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

There’s a difference between wondering just how good someone is & saying they’re shite ffs!

However, he plainly hasn’t influenced much, or Scotland 3rds would not have won to zip.

Yes because Albania lost to scotland that clearly means he is going to be rubbish for us. And the logic of the year award goes to....

For the bitter cunts in here:

Am I glad Scotland won? Yes

Is Scotland the country of my birth? Yes

Did I cheer any goal? Nope

Was I pleased when we scored? Yes

Did I want any tim players injured? Yup all day long

Eck is a decent man, does he deserve the abuse he is getting? Nope. 

Fucking wind your necks in with uber fan shite. Some people still want Scotland to do well, would prefer more Rangers players in there but such is life. 

5 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

And given you’re making excuses (given the circumstances) for Grezda dropping out of it, you’ll be happy to cut Paterson the slack of having played centre forward all season?

I must have got unlucky - whenever I looked at it, it was all Scotland attacking.

But there can’t be many folk who have had a good game in a 4-0 home defeat by Scotland - let’s get real.

Great result tonight, opens up for Tuesday - same side at Hampden, think there will be a rush for tickets now. Can't see Israel proving a challenge, got lucky with a disaster of a performance from Scotland time round. UEFA gets pelters regularly, but to be honest the Nations League competition has been an excellent idea - so much so that FIFA are now interested in the format for WC QF 

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Fucking wind your necks in with uber fan shite. Some people still want Scotland to do well, would prefer more Rangers players in there but such is life. 

if you are glad Scotland won why did you not cheer any goal ? Strange sort of staunchness.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

And given you’re making excuses (given the circumstances) for Grezda dropping out of it, you’ll be happy to cut Paterson the slack of having played centre forward all season?

I must have got unlucky - whenever I looked at it, it was all Scotland attacking.

But there can’t be many folk who have had a good game in a 4-0 home defeat by Scotland - let’s get real.

No point trying to deflect with bringing Patterson into it. And the fact you are using him to try and put down a Rangers player says a lot. The fact of the matter is your whole narrative from your first post to this is basically that grezda cannot be any good because he was in an Albanian team that lost to scotland. Taking the rest of the game out of it you could clearly see (if you watched the game) that grezda has some genuine quality when on the ball in his vision, passing and running at defenders regardless of the scorline those facts reamain. If you watched the game and engaged your brain before you came on here to spout rubbish you wouldn't of made a fool out of yourself and have to try and write deflective posts.

6 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

giphy.gif

Archived