***Official Nations League Thread****

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Comfortable 3-1 victory for us.. never really threatened apart from the goal. Gutted for the u21s who drew gainst Poland away... it took the poles a pen in the 72nd minute.. thats two draws against them. First game they equalized in extra time..things are looking up!

Incredible There is no nation on earth who punches above their weight better than The Faroes

22 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Incredible There is no nation on earth who punches above their weight better than The Faroes

We didnt punch above our weight though... We are a small nation, yes, but that doesnt automatically mean that we have to be shite at everything. Mentality is a big factor. ? Players are slowly getting the attention of the bigger leagues. Edmundson is probably our highest profile player and he is in the 2. Bundesliga.. He just started there and has been voted player of the month. Only a matter of time before he moves to a bigger club.

Just now, johanhentze said:

We didnt punch above our weight though... We are a small nation, yes, but that doesnt automatically mean that we have to be shite at everything. Mentality is a big factor. ? Players are slowly getting the attention of the bigger leagues. Edmundson is probably our highest profile player and he is in the 2. Bundesliga.. He just started there and has been voted player of the month. Only a matter of time before he moves to a bigger club.

you are punching above your weight because of the small pool of players you have to pick from.It is like my country Northern Ireland who have always performed better than should be expected given how few players we have to pick from.

22 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

you are punching above your weight because of the small pool of players you have to pick from.It is like my country Northern Ireland who have always performed better than should be expected given how few players we have to pick from.

I honestly think that the big pool of players is like a lottery... you hope that a few will turn out good. What we do, and the likes of Iceland, is to think creatively.. we have to, because of the small pool of players. Talent still exists in a small pool.. you just have to think outside the box rather than rely on luck in the big pool. We arent punching above our weight... this is all due to hard work! 

17 minutes ago, wully said:

Is that bar still in the corner at Windsor since they done the place up?

There is a bar at the corner of the South Stand and railwaystand where Northern Ireland are attacking this half.Most of the bars are in the top tier of North Stand now mate...they are now fucking soulless. 

1 hour ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

I found myself watching Havant & Waterlooville against Aldershot Town the other night.

Fucking poverty.

My local team Ebbsfleet play Gateshead at 5-15 on BT Sport if you can contain your excitement, we are out tonight so I will miss this one.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

My local team Ebbsfleet play Gateshead at 5-15 on BT Sport if you can contain your excitement, we are out tonight so I will miss this one.

Are they still run by that website where the subscribers pick the team and stuff?

5 minutes ago, miracle said:

Are they still run by that website where the subscribers pick the team and stuff?

Kuwaiti owned now who are involved in  trying to build a EuroDisney  theme park nearby, the fan website thing started well but ended up near killing the club financially, the football is pretty grim but its walking distance for me and good for a few pints, before they got promoted you could buy a beer and stand and watch the game.

Archived