55 will be this year - Lafferty

.Williamson.

More to the interview than this but the rest is all him speaking about Gerrard being the next best thing and McAuley being a great signing.

"It will be tough. celtic have been champions for many years but we now have a squad that can compete.

“Sunday was a disappointing result but with travelling and playing 38 minutes with nine men (in the Europa League) it was tough for us.

“Obviously there is going to be no excuses for the performance we’ve put in and celtic were probably the better team on the day but we are on a good road now and a good path and we’re going to kick on and we’ll be much closer to celtic. Everyone in the Rangers dressing room believes that we’ll get 55 and that this will be the year we’ll win the league."

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Strange comments after such an awful performance against celtic. When we start trying to actually beat them, thatcher than turning up and taking our medicine, player scan come out with statements like this. 

May agree with you, Benn thinking the same.

I believe that positivity is good for the Club and the Team in general, but I would prefer it if we just done our talking on the pitch and put a run of results together and just keep plodding away, in have never liked speaking of winning this and that as I'd does come back to haunt players, but as I say I'm all for the positivity. Just show it on the pitch though.

2 minutes ago, Bonus said:

Why are people unhappy he doesn't say anything wrong do you want him to say we have no chance in winning it? All he's said is they believe they can win which they should the reporter would've asked him he has to answer

"Everyone in the Rangers dressing room believes that we’ll get 55 and that this will be the year we’ll win the league."

Nothing wrong thinking it. Nothing wrong saying it in the confines of the dressing room. Saying it publicly just helps motivate others, it was needless.

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

"Everyone in the Rangers dressing room believes that we’ll get 55 and that this will be the year we’ll win the league."

Nothing wrong thinking it. Nothing wrong saying it in the confines of the dressing room. Saying it publicly just helps motivate others, it was needless.

What's he supposed to say if the reporter openly asks him the question, if he refuses to answer the question it could be taken as the squad don't believe they can win it...to which he would get dogs abuse...maybe he could of worded it better along the lines of "we are not getting carried away but their is a definite  positivity in the dressing room that we can eventually stop celtic and everyone is giving 110% to try and achieve that goal"

Something along those lines dosent come across as arrogant that we are going to win the league this season.