55 will be this year - Lafferty

.Williamson.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

What's he supposed to say if the reporter openly asks him the question, if he refuses to answer the question it could be taken as the squad don't believe they can win it...to which he would get dogs abuse...maybe he could of worded it better along the lines of "we are not getting carried away but their is a definite  positivity in the dressing room that we can eventually stop celtic and everyone is giving 110% to try and achieve that goal"

Something along those lines dosent come across as arrogant that we are going to win the league this season.

He dances the dance most footballers and managers learn to do in their press training.

You've managed to do it yourself above.

47 minutes ago, Bonus said:

Why are people unhappy he doesn't say anything wrong do you want him to say we have no chance in winning it? All he's said is they believe they can win which they should the reporter would've asked him he has to answer

Say this bit here  “Obviously there is going to be no excuses for the performance we’ve put in and celtic were probably the better team on the day but we are on a good road now and a good path and we’re going to kick on and we’ll be much closer to celtic" and stop talking

Sunday was a disappointing result but with travelling and playing 38 minutes with nine men (in the Europa League) it was tough for us.

“Obviously there is going to be no excuses for the performance we’ve put in”

Makes an excuse, then says there is no excuse 

42 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

December could ruin us entirely.

Aberdeen, Villarreal, Hibs and the taigs. All in one month 

Fingers crossed we go into it with confidence high from a long winning run and a full squad available. Squads only been together for 3 months so I'm hoping we have progressed even more in another 3 months.

2 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Fingers crossed we go into it with confidence high from a long winning run and a full squad available. Squads only been together for 3 months so I'm hoping we have progressed even more in another 3 months.

It's actually Rapid we play where I've put Villarreal. Villarreal is at the end of November with Hearts just before the sheep.

Horrendous run of fixtures from the end of November the whole way through December 

59 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

"Everyone in the Rangers dressing room believes that we’ll get 55 and that this will be the year we’ll win the league."

Nothing wrong thinking it. Nothing wrong saying it in the confines of the dressing room. Saying it publicly just helps motivate others, it was needless.

Didn't look to me like any of them believed that we could beat celtic never mind anything else.

It annoys the fuck out of me when we carry on like this. This will come back to haunt us.

We had the going for 55 under Warburton, - failed miserably & manager sacked (even if he did deny it! Ha ha)

Then we had Pedro #win or win. Again failure & subsequent sacking.

We ought to be playing it down publicly but working hard to achieve it on the field.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Talk of 55 just plays into the scum hands as motivation.

Doing our talking on the pitch not through the press is what we should be doing.

I just hate this overly confident rubbish 

Being confident is good without shouting your mouth off

He is just in the door and he has more to say off the park in interviews than doing anything on the park 

Lafferty needs to be quiet, Rangers need to steamroller teams consistently and make the taigs worry about Rangers doing 55. Lafferty and the rest of the squad should focus on preforming to a level where others can't compete with us. December will be a test of how far we have come, then we can make judgements about how good we are and what we are going to do.