Scotland fans in kilts and stupid hats

scottyc06

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I will always stand by and support Scotland for mainly nostalgic reasons. First ever game was a Scotland game at a full house wae my auld boy and he had a tear in his eye seeing my amazememt

Anyway, i get why bears don't want to support our national team and who am i to say whether they are right or wrong? But posts like this are just fucking childish and really dont belong in the bears den. Imagine the uproar if the minority few on hear created a post supporting Scotland on match days?! Can see the bans from here.

Most bears don't care about Scotland which is fine but i dont get wanting Scotland to get hammered. If you are as 'staunch' as you think you are and care only about Rangers then surely you would want ourcoefficient up which doe snt help when the national team are being raped. 

National and club coefficients are totally separate and distinct

3 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

There's something quite disturbing about the 'tartan army'. As if the name isn't cringeworthy enough there's the obligatory kilt, 5-seasons-old top, bottomed off with Asda trainers or Timberland lookalikes. The uniform screams neediness and craves acceptance from those who have probably suffered only loneliness, isolation and bullying. 

True, these sorry fuckers get little in the way of companionship between games, but the world might be kinder if not for the suffocating BO, and the obsession with pestering young female police officers. 

When will we see their likes again?... Hopefully not anytime soon. 

5 year old top? My top was bought for Italia 90 - oh and I often wear my NTL Rangers top to Rangers games. Both class tops! 

Is the worst thing about last nights game (Regardless whether you support Scotland or not) not the pitiful attendance figure?

We were playing the 3rd best team in the world and still couldn't sell out the ground ? 

Yes it could be argued that many Rangers fans don't go because of the team composition or the way we have been treated, which is fair but where the fuck else is the rest of the Scotland fans?

8 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

International football is always going to be more popular with fans of provincial clubs because it's a much bigger stage than their club will ever play on, and because some cunt from Boreham Wood or wherever can happily support players from Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

So ambivalence from Rangers fans I can understand, but it's sad as fuck that anyone Scottish wants Scotland to "get pumped". It's your country for fuck sake. Worse are those who support England as their team. Fucking pathetic and as boring as it is to go round in circles with these threads every time there's an international break, I'll probably make the same post next month or whenever the fuck the next break is.

It's not, it's a football team.

3 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Like most Rangers fans of my vintage I followed Scotland , did the Wembley trips and cared about the National Team as much as I cared about Rangers. However the media driven hate campaign, the rest of Scottish Football so readily embraced, means I fuckin hate the National Team and their Pikies Jacobite cunt fans. Your claim that provincial fans are more likely to support the National Team is a recent thing, right through the 70s and into the 80s Bears made up about 50% of the total Scotland Support. Personally I think any Rangers Fan standing alongside scum who chanted “We hate Rangers more than you” when Scotland played the ROI is pathetic. The National Team is dead to me.

Fucking Hell bud, Couldn't have put it better myself, Spot on, Probably about the same age as me a Naw 

21 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Is the worst thing about last nights game (Regardless whether you support Scotland or not) not the pitiful attendance figure?

We were playing the 3rd best team in the world and still couldn't sell out the ground ? 

Yes it could be argued that many Rangers fans don't go because of the team composition or the way we have been treated, which is fair but where the fuck else is the rest of the Scotland fans?

They obviously never heard it was supposed to be a Sell Out Friday ???

For any Bears who thought Eck was an option for manager this surely puts that one to bed.

I try not to care, I put the national team out of my mind as best I can but there's always a wee twinge hoping we can show some class and style and performance. Most of the time I just hope that if there is one or possibly two Rangers players involved that they do themselves proud and don't get injured.

On a deeper level Scotlands visible decline can be traced in the utter incompetence of the footballing ruling class and their menagerie of utter utter mediocrity. SFA need a clear out from top to bottom. Focus on an ethos. Develop an army of fit capable kids. Pay for a highest quality coaching squad and manager.

7 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

There's something quite disturbing about the 'tartan army'. As if the name isn't cringeworthy enough there's the obligatory kilt, 5-seasons-old top, bottomed off with Asda trainers or Timberland lookalikes. The uniform screams neediness and craves acceptance from those who have probably suffered only loneliness, isolation and bullying. 

True, these sorry fuckers get little in the way of companionship between games, but the world might be kinder if not for the suffocating BO, and the obsession with pestering young female police officers. 

When will we see their likes again?... Hopefully not anytime soon. 

You forgot the feather plucked from some kind of roadkill bird and glued onto a stupid hat with daft badges on it. What makes grown men think this is acceptable atire for going to football will always be lost on me, its absolutely embarrassing to think that people from other countries might think we all go on like those weirdos.

33 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

For any Bears who thought Eck was an option for manager this surely puts that one to bed.

I try not to care, I put the national team out of my mind as best I can but there's always a wee twinge hoping we can show some class and style and performance. Most of the time I just hope that if there is one or possibly two Rangers players involved that they do themselves proud and don't get injured.

On a deeper level Scotlands visible decline can be traced in the utter incompetence of the footballing ruling class and their menagerie of utter utter mediocrity. SFA need a clear out from top to bottom. Focus on an ethos. Develop an army of fit capable kids. Pay for a highest quality coaching squad and manager.

Seen Eck getting interviewed from last night on Ssn this morning, Glad to hear the final whistle he said Ffs

8 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I will always stand by and support Scotland for mainly nostalgic reasons. First ever game was a Scotland game at a full house wae my auld boy and he had a tear in his eye seeing my amazememt

Anyway, i get why bears don't want to support our national team and who am i to say whether they are right or wrong? But posts like this are just fucking childish and really dont belong in the bears den. Imagine the uproar if the minority few on hear created a post supporting Scotland on match days?! Can see the bans from here.

Most bears don't care about Scotland which is fine but i dont get wanting Scotland to get hammered. If you are as 'staunch' as you think you are and care only about Rangers then surely you would want our coefficient up which doesnt help when the national team are being raped. 

I agree with everything you say except ‘most bears don’t care about Scotland’. I think it’s a significant minority - even if some won’t admit it. On this forum it’s seems true that most don’t care, but many on here think it’s a competition to prove how staunch they are. And I love that when it comes to showing the passion, loyalty and ‘no surrender’ attitude of being a Ranger’s fan but I hate being ‘informed’ that to be a true Rangers fan I should be a of a certain political mindset. I’m not SNP and never have been, but i don’t see anything wrong with being a Rangers fan and an SNP supporting, crazy kilted, see u jimmy bunneted Tartan Army fan, or anything else if they so desire. 

I support our national team, I don’t want to see them pumped. I still dream of qualifying for the World Cup again and doing well. I was a wee boy when Gemmil scored against Holland in 78 and that feeling for me is up there with the famous big Euro wins Rangers have had. Yes, times have changed and politics are different but I just don’t get why anyone would allow that to change the way they feel about the beautiful game. Sad.