your greatest atmosphere ever at Ibrox.

backup

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

This for me also, Gough scored near the end in a scramble in the box, 9 men and they thought they had won , the noise at our equaliser was the loudest I've heard at a goal.

The players then say it was and It's was utterly deafening for those few seconds 

Will never forget walking up the stairs to leave near the away fans .

And being happy with relief we were not taking a tanking 

Then looked back to see us quickly on the break .Wee Durranty was prominent in whole build up

It happened so quickly but it was one of those special moments in football when the world stood still.From an absolute intake of breath of the possibility to utter delirium that no bear nowadays could probably understand 

I was over the wall and on the track giving it Gufuy to all the beggars .Probably fastest I've ever moved down a flight of stairs 

Best feeling ever 

On 09/09/2018 at 14:50, Bluepeter9 said:

Leeds at home - as the teams came out it was a wall of noise! Gary McAllister silenced it for a minute or so but the rest - the noise at the goals - amazing! 

This.

Only one that comes close for me was the 91 league decider v Aberdeen.

4 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Was only 2 so too young, this is the game out of all Rangers games I have never been to I wish I had , forget the CWC final as this Bayern team where the cornerstone of the West Germany team that would win the European championships in 72 the World Cup in 74 beating Cryuffs Dutch masters in the final and  Bayern also won the European cup from 73-76. So look at what they achieved soon after that defeat to us  

Not a bad track record and a team on their way up not down and we beat them and put them out of the CWC .

Absolutely. I loved watching the West German team on TV in those days - much preferred them to the Dutch, actually. So, to see most of them playing at Ibrox was extra special. I was at the game the year before (I think it was ) when we played Bayern in the Fairs Cup and they scored a goal direct from a supposedly indirect free kick and it was awarded.  In the 1972 game, I think the moment I knew we had them was when Beckenbauer and Maier stated arguing with each other. That, and Bud sitting on the ball!

Initial thought was the man u game in 2010 but i have to go with maribor a few weeks ago not only because of the atmosphere but because of the result and how everyone was buzzing afterwards and what it meant after what we had went through thd last 6 years.

Always be Kiev for me,to see a team of the stature they had at the time look visibly shaken as they ran out was incredible stuff, special mention for may 2nd 1999, sitting,well not much to be honest in the piggery winning the league and those bastards in meltdown was a fantastic way to spend a Sunday evening

7 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Wasn't at the Bayern game so it's Kiev for me I have never seen ibrox like it was that night the atmosphere was incredible.

JUmping up and doon on my seat and I wasn't young - swirling my scarf - told to sit but everybody around me got up as well. Souness / Smith were taking us back to be a more credible european team - hopefully like our new ex Liverpool manager

3 hours ago, Herdwick said:

The classic cup final verses Dundee 1964, the attendance was 121000 probably more,I was in the mount Florida end, I have never seen that amount of Rangers supporters in a football ground before or since, even the celtic end was a sea of blue.

Was in the enclosure in front of the stand for that one, school got a couple of tickets for it, me and another were the lucky recipients.

If I remember correctly did Kiev not put the scum out of Europe the previous season in 1986 So do something those tarrier bastards could not do made it all the sweeter. And Kiev had some team at the time but what an atmosphere and an unforgettable night one of many at ibrox over the years. 

Big European nights were always special at Ibrox.

On the domestic front though the majority of great games for atmosphere have either been in cup finals at Hampden, or away wins on opponents grounds, but  (in my opinion) very few domestic games at Ibrox have matched the best. 

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Big European nights were always special at Ibrox.

On the domestic front though the majority of great games for atmosphere have either been in cup finals at Hampden, or away wins on opponents grounds, but  (in my opinion) very few domestic games at Ibrox have matched the best. 

Bang on the money ????

11 hours ago, roboscot said:

There's been a few but in no particular order: Kiev, Leeds, Parma, both 5-1s against the mankies, the 2-2 where Butcher and Woods got sent off and the Hateley 2-0 against Aberdeen to win the league on the last day. 

Pretty much my top list aswell mate.

One which hasn't been mentioned unless I skipped past it was the New years day game in Souness's first season. 

Snowy day at Ibrox and we gave them a total footballing lesson. Was only 2-0 but could and should have been so much more. This was the day for me that proved to them and to ourselves that something special was indeed happening.

The atmosphere was awesome. 

I'll never forget Bayern at Ibrox in '72, Beckenbauer, the most cultured player probably in the world at the time, was losing it because Colin Stein was giving him such a hard time. Willie Johnstone was taking the piss at every opportunity, their world renowned striker, Muller, hardly saw the ball.

Werder Bremen in 08, must have been on Easter leave or something (Edit: Aye it was before i got punted down to the Falklands for 6 months, fucking fuming as i'd only just got back from Afghan in the February) as i don't get to many games due to my job let alone European nights.

Just remember being up the back of the CD and even it was bouncing up there (normally a rarity), thredders when Adams cracker was saved and didn't even realise Cousin's shot had gone in. ?

Afterwards it was the only game where i can recall we looked comfortable (instead of looking to drag the game out and nick a goal on the counter) and should have won by 4+ goals, we had them all over the place.