your greatest atmosphere ever at Ibrox.

backup

2 hours ago, backup said:

March 3rd 1965 against Inter, we won 1-0 went out 3-2 on aggregate European cup... Jim Forrest scored in 6 minutes, we absolutely battered them for the rest of the game. Big Roger knocked Sarti clean out with a volley from the half-way line, the Tallies held on though,  catenaccio was their game and they were masters at it. 80,000 on a brittle night the place never stopped rocking, the atmosphere was something else, never experienced anything to match it anywhere auld firm or even the good old days of Wembley.

Evening Citizen headline was 1-2-3  Terra Herrerar 

big Dandy smacked  the crossbar that night and Jim F was the first player tae score against Inter in San Siro in European tie  Wee  Wullie H said about San Siro game was he bent down tae tie his laces at 0-0 and when he got up it was 3-0 ?

Absolutely nothing comes close for the atmosphere for 2 games for differing reasons

1987/88 league game, where we were playing with 9 men for last 30 minutes. We managed to steal a 2-2 draw in one of the most dramatic games in old firm history .Queue carnage in the stands .

Will never forget the absolute bedlam that will never be surpassed for me.

1991 Championship winning game where big Marcos bagged 2 goals .The atmosphere was the most tense I had ever known, at a football match . If we had drawn or lost this . 9 in a row didn't happen

Off track a wee bit here..... but best ever day as a Rangers fan for me was 22nd may 2005 " helicopter Sunday " I actually couldn't believe what was happening!! Had a good bevy the night before & went for a curer in a mixed pub to see they are winning, well that's that it I thought... mind 2 Tim fans lighting up cigars with 5 mins to go ? As soon as ft whistle went & it sunk in what had happened got a taxi to the Rangers boozer, what a Night it was. It was just perfect the way it happened & I know that day still hurts them now!!! 

Been to more greatest atmospheres than I care to remember from the late 50's onwards but it's a taig one for me January 1997, 3-1, big Jorg burstin the net and wee mcnamara jumpin about 12 feet in the air to get out the road of it, Erik Bo's finest hour, 2 goals to seal the deal, the rest as they say is history, place went apoplectic. Happy Daze.

Aberdeen 91 title decider was mental,The whole place was buzzing and we knew we could do it,amazing day

3-2 win against porto in the champions league was surprisingly good cause I wasn't expecting it to be.

Parma and Leeds were fantastic

All these games were before OBFA and little song books, surely no coincidence 

6 hours ago, Edmiston Drive said:

Inter Milan back in the early 60 s  

remember they had a big coloured  brazilian on the wing dave provan got his retaliation in first ,the snow was piled round the ground and the big lad was sent flying right into a white pile which he had prob.never seen before,nice one dave..

6 hours ago, Edmiston Drive said:

Inter Milan back in the early 60 s  

remember they had a big coloured  brazilian on the wing dave provan got his retaliation in first ,the snow was piled round the ground and the big lad was sent flying right into a white pile which he had prob.never seen before,nice one dave..  league decider against aberdeen mark hately 2 ...2/0