your greatest atmosphere ever at Ibrox.

backup

7 hours ago, backup said:

March 3rd 1965 against Inter, we won 1-0 went out 3-2 on aggregate European cup... Jim Forrest scored in 6 minutes, we absolutely battered them for the rest of the game. Big Roger knocked Sarti clean out with a volley from the half-way line, the Tallies held on though,  catenaccio was their game and they were masters at it. 80,000 on a brittle night the place never stopped rocking, the atmosphere was something else, never experienced anything to match it anywhere auld firm or even the good old days of Wembley.

Wee enclosure with my dad that night but for me nothing will ever compare to Bayern, semi in 72

Haven't even read the thread but can only assume this has been posted several times before..... The Kiev game takes some beating.

Just amazing watching an accomplished European superpower simply crumble in the cauldron of noise Ibrox can be when the blood's up.

I still consider myself fortunate to have been a part of the atmosphere we created that night..... WATP! 

9 hours ago, Misteral said:

I was in the Derry at Rangers 2 v Bayern Munich 0 in the ECWC semi-final 1972.

Enough said. ❤️

100% this. All blue strip. Derrys walls to the tune of Amazing Grace.  

Parma game for best footballing lesson 

2 hours ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Oddly for me one that stands out for various reasons is Kilmarnock 0-1 loss in 2012. The game after we went into admin. Stood the full game singing  in the CF which is a rarity these days. 

Get yourself up with the cf5 uvf mate.

We singbl and don't sit down. We will be a first choice for the club's standing section imo

A game against Aberdeen sticks in my mind. It was a Sunday game and I think we won 4-2 or something like that. celtic had lost on the Sat and I’ve probably been to games with better atmospheres but there was something about that one

maybe the 20 odd pints in the Stadium bar before the game played its part

Wont be mentioned in here because of all the amazing atmospheres we have had but i really enjoyed beating the sheep 2-1 at Ibrox in December 2016 when Miller & Hodson scored & Rob Keirnan had a stormer. Was class cause i was fully expecting a defeat and the place was bouncing :UK:

Leeds or Marseille 92/93 season, both games were crazy. , when McSwegan scored against Marseille when he had just came on and Hateley  equalised soon afterwards with a diving header on a rain soaked night at  Ibrox the place was rocking and we should have maybe won a game that we were out of for the vast majority of it.

The Leeds game was bouncing, McAllister scored a peach in the opening minute from a great strike at the edge of the box from a cleared corner and we were stunned, any team would be , we were scunnered for a couple of minutes then it starting bouncing soon afterward and we went about our job and when Lukic punched into his own net and McCoist scored also in the first half the Place again was rocking, Parma was also good but these 2 expecially the Marseille game I. the last 10 minutes was absolute bedlam in the stands and the players in that Marseille team also yet they could not beat us in 2 games , what a team we were that year :UK:  

12 hours ago, Trooblue said:

ECWC Semi Final 2nd leg, v Bayern Munich 1972.  Been waiting for another night like that since I was 12. 

Was only 2 so too young, this is the game out of all Rangers games I have never been to I wish I had , forget the CWC final as this Bayern team where the cornerstone of the West Germany team that would win the European championships in 72 the World Cup in 74 beating Cryuffs Dutch masters in the final and  Bayern also won the European cup from 73-76. So look at what they achieved soon after that defeat to us  

Not a bad track record and a team on their way up not down and we beat them and put them out of the CWC .

15 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Dynamo Kiev, in the enclosure.

incredible. Was only 16 as well. 

I go back to 1970 v Bayern 1-1 and 80,000 crowd but two euro nights i remember the atmosphere and loudest noise was the Kiev 2-0 game where Souness narrowed the pitch and the 1984 gme v Inter we won 3-1 with John McClelland up front as we chased a 3-0 loss at in Milan special boos for Liam Brady. I was hoarse for a week

21 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Absolutely nothing comes close for the atmosphere for 2 games for differing reasons

1987/88 league game, where we were playing with 9 men for last 30 minutes. We managed to steal a 2-2 draw in one of the most dramatic games in old firm history .Queue carnage in the stands .

Will never forget the absolute bedlam that will never be surpassed for me.

This for me also, Gough scored near the end in a scramble in the box, 9 men and they thought they had won , the noise at our equaliser was the loudest I've heard at a goal.