your greatest atmosphere ever at Ibrox.

backup

Majority of the Advocaat Champions League qualifiers / group stage games were brilliant. 

First helicopter Sunday was terrific. And Ally’s 3-2 to stop the filth winning the league at our place was great - although more relief than celebration. 

Not in the same league, but given how shite the atmosphere has gone over the last decade Maribor was very enjoyable. 

Inter Milan. 3-2 game to stop them winning the league at our place. 4-2 game against Hibs a few years ago.

But for me the best atmosphere has to be the last 16 against Villareal. Walked into the stadium and the air was crackling. Also one of the last times we could sing our party anthem the Billy Boys without fear or being fined etc iirc.

On 10/09/2018 at 23:22, Grundy said:

I'll never forget Bayern at Ibrox in '72, Beckenbauer, the most cultured player probably in the world at the time, was losing it because Colin Stein was giving him such a hard time. Willie Johnstone was taking the piss at every opportunity, their world renowned striker, Muller, hardly saw the ball.

In The Derry that night with my painted 'hard hat'.  What people who were not around at the time do not often appreciate was the magnitude of that victory where we not only beat but totally outplayed what was effectively the West German (as was mentioned earlier) national team who won the Euros in 72 (IIRC).  

Just a few of the Bayern 'names' - Sepp Maier arguably Germany's best ever keeper, Beckenbauer one of their greatest ever players, Hoeness, Franz Roth, Gerd Mueller (a truly world class striker), Paul Breitner a German legend  --- no wonder the place was buzzing and we knew we were going to "Barcelona here we come". 

A night that will live with me forever along with the other 79,999 bears who packed Ibrox that night. 

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:26, roboscot said:

Yes, pure magic.  Not a team of players playing for Rangers, but a team of Rangers players.  Just before when I started attending, so mist all this,  but the core of that team kept us a force for many years.  As a lover of the big terraces,  best atmosphere I was at was the 3-2 we  beat them when 0-2 down at half time or the 2-0 we beat Juve .