Pick one "derby" in world football.

bluenose244

23 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

Outside the Old Firm, if you could pick only one derby in world football to experience before you die. 

I'll kick off with (Lazio v Roma) 

Outside of the old firm who gives a fuck?

Even the Liverpool Vs Man Utd game isn't the same.

8 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Outside of the old firm who gives a fuck?

Even the Liverpool Vs Man Utd game isn't the same.

Maybe followers of the game in general...The Old Firm game obviously is important to me but as atmosphere goes it just does not compare to Derbies in South America...to say it is the biggest derby in the world still is insular pish

15 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Maybe followers of the game in general...The Old Firm game obviously is important to me but as atmosphere goes it just does not compare to Derbies in South America...to say it is the biggest derby in the world still is insular pish

Still trying to find the moment I mentioned it was the biggest derby in the world, I can think of many bigger (attendance certainly) but you read whatever you want to read and jump to a conclusion.

Just now, bluedylan said:
10 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Still trying to find the moment I mentioned it was the biggest derby in the world, I can think of many bigger (attendance certainly) but you read whatever you want to read and jump to a conclusion 

Maybe I worded it wrongly I did not mean to suggest you had made the the claim,it was an aside from me with reference to people who still think it is the biggest .As a Rangers supporter and from a personal point of view it is for me ,like yourself  the most important .

3 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Maybe I worded it wrongly I did not mean to suggest you had made the the claim,it was an aside from me with reference to people who still think it is the biggest .As a Rangers supporter and from a personal point of view it is for me ,like yourself  the most important .

Biggest to us is appropriate, biggest in the world then no.

18 hours ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

West Ham v Millwall, at The Den.

Done it. Biggest pain in the arse. No chance of anything because the Police presence is suffocating. 

West Ham v Millwall with all the space around Queen Elizabeth Park could be interesting! 

On 12/09/2018 at 21:34, bluenose244 said:

South America countries have an entirely different culture to ours. 

There are many ingredients that make up a derby.. geography, politics, religion, cultural beliefs, class, success (competing for trophies.) when you look at the Old Firm you see two teams in the same city. Add to that they are the two most supported teams in the country with the biggest followings. They compete exclusively year on year for the domestic trophies. Throw in religion and the sectarian divide, the politics, class and cultural differences any you have the perfect storm in my opinion. there are many great derbies, some have 1 even 2 or 3 of the above, I'd say with confidence you won't find another with all of those ingredients. 

One has a shed load of Flags to hide seats and one has people in them.