Pick one "derby" in world football.

bluenose244

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

River into final last kick of the game against Gremio will.play Boca who beat Palmerias of Brazil this will be the biggest derby game in the history of football like Rangers playing the dark side in the CL final...to be played over 2 legs, will be absolute bedlam in Buenos Aires.Gremio are appealing the result though because a banned River coach was in the changing room at half time

19 hours ago, bluedylan said:

River into final last kick of the game against Gremio will.play Boca who beat Palmerias of Brazil this will be the biggest derby game in the history of football like Rangers playing the dark side in the CL final...to be played over 2 legs, will be absolute bedlam in Buenos Aires.Gremio are appealing the result though because a banned River coach was in the changing room at half time

That should be intense. Is there a decent ticket split at those games?

8 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

That should be intense. Is there a decent ticket split at those games?

not really River will probably get a top tier section at La Bombonera probably about 5000,same with Boca at The Monumental...would honestly fly to Buenos Aires if I thought I could get a ticket for the home leg at River...gold dust though and will sell for 1000s on black market...out of my payscale mate?

20 hours ago, bluedylan said:

:lol:

celtic will be taking a note of that for future reference.

2 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Pity they don’t have the same format for the final as the Champions league, one game at a neutral venue anywhere in the continent.

The idea of 100,000 River and Boca fans descending on the Maracana would be a sight to behold.

Conmebol is planning this idea of one final for the future.

19 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

That would be good, there’s a lot of big clubs in South America who would make that a special occasion. But probably River V Boca would be best for atmosphere?

I am not sure it would be good idea. Maybe try for 2 or 3 years but I dont think it will work good. South America is very big and distance to travel is very far so you dont get thousands of fans travel to away games because of cost of travel and distance and many people can not afford the money for this. Boca snd River fans will travel because they are very big clubs and they have fans all over the continent. But this is the first time in history that they play in the final so this is very rare. Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana are not like Champions League with big clubs always in the final. Sometimes middle size clubs make the final and sometimes very small clubs get to the final like Lanus of BA last season and Independiente del Valle of Ecuador 2 year ago. One final game works for Europe but I dont think will work as good here. I agree with you it is better concept but it has many factors to consider.

You will get some fans travel but not enough to fill the stadium

13 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

That would be good, there’s a lot of big clubs in South America who would make that a special occasion. But probably River V Boca would be best for atmosphere?

Flamengo v Corinthians ...Rio against Sao Paulo would be special as they are the two biggest supported clubs in the country.Corthinians fans are known as the Hawks of the Faithful,they played a final in the Maracana a few years back and took up 70000 fans to Rio.Brazilian  fans are weird they really only turn up for the really big games ,my first time there in the Maracana and the attendance was 17000 and that was when it was the old concrete bowl deathtrap before they put most of the seats in