Training

.Williamson.

31 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Yes but we can pay him off if absolutely necessary. It's not ideal I know

By the end of this season he'll have 1 year left on his deal. If he only manages another couple of games then we should be looking to re-invest the money he's being paid elsewhere.

I hope he can put the injury record behind him and go on a run. But we have to be ready to make tough choices if he can't

You can’t just reinvest the money though.

If he’s not fit to play, why would he take a pay off of less than his annual salary when  he can sit around, use our treatment facilities and get paid. 

Not sure he’ll ever do anything for us, but there isn’t a mechanism to just get rid and reinvest. 

18 hours ago, Siwel said:

The injury that he had this season wasn’t the same one he had in previous seasons. It was an impact injury he picked up in training.

My issue is not the injuries (which can happen to anyone) but the recovery time. A player of his age should heal and recover quickly especially something relatively straight forward like an impact injury.

Every setback seems to take months where others are back in weeks or even days.

Hoped that a change of medics and sport science guys might get him back on the pitch sooner but no evidence of that yet. Great shame because he showed against the spoonburners how influential he can be.

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

My issue is not the injuries (which can happen to anyone) but the recovery time. A player of his age should heal and recover quickly especially something relatively straight forward like an impact injury.

Every setback seems to take months where others are back in weeks or even days.

Hoped that a change of medics and sport science guys might get him back on the pitch sooner but no evidence of that yet. Great shame because he showed against the spoonburners how influential he can be.

I think it’s because the injury he had before was so serious they’re worried about rushing him back so don’t want to put any pressure on him. He seems to me like the type that would be chomping at the bit to get on the pitch and would rush himself back so I think the medical team are just trying to be sure he’s 100% fit before he plays.

9 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I think it’s because the injury he had before was so serious they’re worried about rushing him back so don’t want to put any pressure on him. He seems to me like the type that would be chomping at the bit to get on the pitch and would rush himself back so I think the medical team are just trying to be sure he’s 100% fit before he plays.

Was it the broken arse or trapped bollock injury they didn't want to rush him back from?

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

You can’t just reinvest the money though.

If he’s not fit to play, why would he take a pay off of less than his annual salary when  he can sit around, use our treatment facilities and get paid. 

Not sure he’ll ever do anything for us, but there isn’t a mechanism to just get rid and reinvest. 

Fair Enough

End of the day but it's so far been a wasted wage.

If he can't stay fit this season and get a run of games it's never going to happen.