A pint with Novo

.Williamson.

I like him. Must admit I went off him for a while but he clearly loves us and he’s scored many an important goal. 

The thing I like now is he’s starting to speak out against the treatment of being associated with Rangers. He was in the paper the other week saying he fears he can’t get a managerial job because of his connections to us. 

Obviously his health scare will have an impact but it probably gives clubs an added excuse not to take him on. 

Will need to pop into the pub one day. 

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

You’re literally the most contrary cunt on here when it comes to Rangers matters though. ? 

I've always been fairly consistent in my opinion of Novo though, if you can be arsed checking back through all the Novo threads. Even as a player he irritated me with all his gesturing and cringey patter to ingratiate himself with the fans. I watched him do a half time draw at a game recently and after answering the usual tedious qiestions that all ex players get about how much he loved playing at Rangers, he suddenly shouted out "Rangers fans is ze best in ze fucking world!" or something equally as cringey, to rapturous applause. John Greig or Richard Gough wouldn't be swearing in front of kids and women.

Liked the wee man as a player , I do prefer the route your Albertz and laudrups have went down though , class acts , unbelievable players , great servants then left it at that , only back for very occasion special events , someone humms 4 lads had a dream and the wee mans at their back with a mic in his hand ???

7 hours ago, FSM said:

I've always been fairly consistent in my opinion of Novo though, if you can be arsed checking back through all the Novo threads. Even as a player he irritated me with all his gesturing and cringey patter to ingratiate himself with the fans. I watched him do a half time draw at a game recently and after answering the usual tedious qiestions that all ex players get about how much he loved playing at Rangers, he suddenly shouted out "Rangers fans is ze best in ze fucking world!" or something equally as cringey, to rapturous applause. John Greig or Richard Gough wouldn't be swearing in front of kids and women.

I'm sure that was against Osijek. I did find that a bit inappropriate myself tbh, and slightly cringey.

A legend, most definitely yes.

Not for being a world class player like Laudrup, but for his love of the club and in the manner he contributed.

He bleeds blue. He has an affinity with the club and the fans that he obviously holds dear and played such an important part in his life.

The taigs simply fucking hate him which tells it's own story and he isn't too keen on them either.

Yes he was a player with limitations, but he always gave 100% and never hid. You could see the pride oozing out of him wearing that blue jersey. I think he would have died for us if it came to it.

He gets it and treasures every moment of it.

11 hours ago, FSM said:

:lol: fuck off. You're at it

He might not have been world class like a Laudrup or a Gascoigne but undoubtedly is a legend of our club.

He never hid and always stepped up when we needed him most with important goals. What I’d give for a player with his attitude now.

Novo understood what it was to be a Rangers player and how privileged he was to be one and he gave us all he had and more, I wouldn’t say calling him a legend is unreasonable.

17 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not a club legend? Are people fucking mental or what?

Unless by club legend we're solely defining that by how good someone was as a player.

This - some folk in this place can’t help themselves - does he make it into my top 11 best players -no - but he is in my top 5 legends  - love us, hated them, his attitude, that penalty, - some make legend status by  ability - Nacho makes it on attitude, presence at big moments and sheer enthusiasm for the club and fans. Absolute legend ! 

18 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Absolutely.  He might not be a legend as a player to many,  but definitely good to the fans:)  

I think it really boils down to what a legend is TBH in someone's mind, IMHO he gave his all for the club and loved the club and everything that comes with it including the fans and will defend the club and everything that comes with it so to me he is a legend, another person will consider a legend someone who played so many games, won so many trophies, scored so many goals and so on.