A proper farewell for Kenny - Barry Ferguson

.Williamson.

Barry wants Kenny to be applauded like the legend he is when he returns to Ibrox tomorrow afternoon.

Article is longer than this but it runs on too long and you get the jist of it.

When Kenny Miller runs out for his warm-up on Saturday I hope he’s given the reception he deserves from the Rangers fans.

You know, the one he was wrongly denied.

It has been a difficult few months for my old team-mate who unfairly left Ibrox under a huge cloud, joined Livingston as player manager then left after a few weeks in charge.

Now he’s returning to the one place he never wanted to leave, wearing a Dundee shirt.

But what will have hurt him most of all – and I say this as someone who knows Kenny so well – will be the fact he wasn’t given the chance to say cheerio to the Rangers support.

I hope these fans don’t hold anything against him because his biggest crime, as far as I can see, was caring too passionately about the club. Being too professional for the liking of some people who clearly have no idea about the standards which make Rangers so special to so many.

I honestly believe the fans will have worked that out by now and will show their appreciation when he comes out of that tunnel.

Don’t get me wrong, they’ll not be clapping and cheering for him when the game starts. But I am sure they’ll give him a good reception because that’s the least he deserves after everything he has done for the club over the years

I know Kenny didn’t want to leave but that decision was taken out of his hands the moment he and Lee Wallace were suspended and fined after the Scottish Cup defeat to celtic under Graeme Murty.

I don’t know exactly what went on inside that dressing room because I wasn’t there. But I can have a guess what it would have been like in there if I was – absolute mayhem.

You don’t put on a performance like that then just pack your bag and go home. There is a time and a place for harsh words and home truths and I wouldn’t have left Hampden that day until I had got a lot off my chest.

These things are not unusual. They happened in all of my Rangers teams.

32 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Hell of a dig at Murty there. 

That's what I took from it as well.  

KM did well for us and I thank him for that. Like every other ex Ranger who comes back he'll get appreciation from the bulk of the crowd I'm sure but that's the end of it. He's no legend.

23 minutes ago, Smile said:

Gave me many happy times as a Ranger supporter a quality player and a winner something every squad needs.

?

Same here mate .... but I won't be applauding him or any other ex-player (even before kick-off) who now wears another jersey playing against us .... that would be madness ..... like this article from BF is.

:UK: 

46 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I don’t hate Kenny Miller but the idea that he was some sort of great servant of Rangers is bullshit. He always put himself and money first. Midway through his best season for us and the best in his career he walked out on us at the first opportunity for Bursaspor for a bit of extra cash, not to mention that he played for celtic and “thumped” the badge after scoring against us. In his final spell he was desperate to get back to us so he could get a final payday not because he was desperate to help us.

I don’t blame him at all for giving abuse to Murty it was well needed. He has scored some vital goals for us and played key part in some of our title winning teams but let’s not pretend he is some sort of wonderful Rangers man who deserves a great reception because he’s not.

I’m not a huge fan of his at all but I don’t think he walked out on us for Bursaspor. I think we genuinely wanted him off the books because of his wages and the fact they were willing to pay cash up front.

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Delusional. One trouble maker hyping up another. No idea what it means to be ‘Rangers men’. Both jumped at the chance to leave. 

Only suprise is the article was written by Barry and not Keith Jackson. 

You Dont think Barry Ferguson is a Rangers man?

C070116B-D954-49A5-90E9-C6EFD00BCEA0.png

He’ll get a clap pre-match like many other players whove gone to other clubs, but this hero send off nonsense is embarrassing, even comin from Barry Ferguson it’s embarrassing.

Millers lucky he ever got to wear the jersey again after playing for them, he should just be grateful he wont be getting booed.