A proper farewell for Kenny - Barry Ferguson

.Williamson.

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He was a footballer player and thats it, loved the club that paid his wages. 

But we are supposed to laud him like a returning hero. ??

Just like the vast vast majority that people laud like heroes when they come back to Ibrox?

45 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I agree he isn’t the best to be around but i could name  more than a few legends who are helmets!

Souness walked out on us wi a handful of league games to go ffs :lol:

We’re not talkin about other legends though, other ex players being helmets doesnt make Ferguson any less of a cunt. Someone should ask him how many of our games he’s attended since 2012. 

Souness left his first managerial job to go to a team he spent most of his career at, of the biggest clubs in England, and paid the price in the eyes of many supporters. 

Barry Ferguson fucked off to Blackburn Rovers at the start of the season after publicly stating his desire to stay, but privately demanding to leave. He returned to a hero’s welcome, somehow, and by the end was so badly thought of he wasnt even a first pick. Stripped of two captains armbands in the space of a week. He was shamed out of the club. Rangers through and through tho. 

Edit: does he still have pubs with his ex-celtic player co-investors? 

1 hour ago, FSM said:

When I leave my work I'll get a few handshakes and the proceeds of an office whip round (about 23 quid, from a staff count of 50).

I wouldn't then expect a round of applause if I popped back in a few months later.

Fuck off Kenny.

You could give each of them their 50p's back though.

I liked Kenny and i did think he deserved a more dignified departure from the Club but thats in the past now.

If some fans want to applaud him at the weekend thats upto them

But if Kenny Miller wanted to be one of those players who comes back to their former Club and gets the heroes trearment and does a lap of honour then he blew any chance of that when he signed for the taigs. Its never going to happen.

Ive forgiven him for it as much as you can forgive someone for it. But the fact is he wore the green and grey and because of that he will never ever have the honour of calling himself a Rangers Legend or a true Rangers man

I wish him all the best but if he thought we were all going to rally behind someone whod scored against us for the scum then hes deluding himself

Wouldn't have considered Miller a Rangers legend even if he'd left in a different fashion. He showed the good and the bad in his third spell; stole a wage for most of the first season under Ally, two good seasons and then a final one spent trying to undermine (admittedly hopeless) managers as he wanted the job himself. As much as he may have been right about Murty, was it fuck about being unhappy about standards slipping or however Keith Jackson wants to spin it - it was about himself. 

As for deserving some sort of heroes welcome - why? He was paid well during his last stint - very well considering two of them were in the second tier, and he barely bothered his arse for the first. 

23 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I liked Kenny and i did think he deserved a more dignified departure from the Club but thats in the past now.

If some fans want to applaud him at the weekend thats upto them

But if Kenny Miller wanted to be one of those players who comes back to their former Club and gets the heroes trearment and does a lap of honour then he blew any chance of that when he signed for the taigs. Its never going to happen.

Ive forgiven him for it as much as you can forgive someone for it. But the fact is he wore the green and grey and because of that he will never ever have the honour of calling himself a Rangers Legend or a true Rangers man

I wish him all the best but if he thought we were all going to rally behind someone whod scored against us for the scum then hes deluding himself

No he didn't.