SFA Statement on Morelos Red Card at Pittodrie

RFCRobertson

8 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Tbf if the linesman sees something the ref doesn't, the ref has to take that advice. Assistant refs are pointless otherwise. However in this case none of it adds up. He didn't see it and the AR has claimed he has a limited view of it so how the fuck did either of them arrive at sending Morelos off?

I wouldn't be surprised to see us get some silly decisions in our favour tomorrow tbh.

Exactly as we are expected to win this one 

1 hour ago, geneva_ger said:

Sorry, but the camera angle that I was watching the game on makes me believe that the linesman had a clear view of that cunt barging Morelos twice off the ball when play was several yards away and did nothing. The red card event was milli-seconds later.

Dreadful statement if indeed it came from the sfa.

Of course the linesman saw all, he was watching as Morelos was the furthest forward and anticipating a pass, making sure he wasn't offside. The camera showed he saw the barging  clearly

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

The issue I have is have the assistant and Clancy been suffienctly punished and educated about a better way to handle the situation? 

Otherwise its inevitable it’ll happen again, maybe not to us but to some other club.

If wee Morelos was a bufty the SFA would be sending Clancy for diversity training. 

50 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I've just seen on the news that the useless cunts didn't even spell Steve Clarkes name correctly on the paperwork they sent him. Total bunch of incompetent fucktards from top to bottom

Used to always check for that first on speeding tickets, cunts always spelled my name right. 

Call me paranoid but on the day I said that this was pre-meditated by the ref and his assistant.

"If that wee orange bastard makes one wrong move let me know and he's off. Watch him like a hawk and buzz me mate"

How quickly he stopped the game, cocked his ear, didn't bother to go over and consult and flashed a red card was just far too contrived.

The statement today backs this up as he had to admit he didn't have a great view but still decided to act anyway.

When was the last time you saw an AR make a call like this 30 yards away?? They look at the ref before awarding a throw in 5 yards away week in week out.

This was reeking IMO

The SFA are fucking useless.

They should have just said the following :-

"The referee was called by the linesman to highlight an off the ball incident. The linesman witnessed Morelos kick out at an opposition player and deemed the intent sufficient to warrant a sending off. The referee on this advice, sent the player off. On review, and seeing multiple replays, a panel of former referees decided that the contact was not sufficient for them to agree that the offence warranted a sending off. The correct course of action for the incident would have been a yellow card for Morelos during the game, but as it is not an option available to the disciplinary panel to apply retrospective yellow cards, the only way in which we could proceed was to rescind the red card handed out during the game. We offer an apology to both the player and Rangers FC for a mistake by the refereeing team during the game, but given the human aspects of the job, mistakes can and will happen."

I know many disagree, but I genuinely dont think there was a conspiracy to fuck Rangers in this. It was a harsh call and he should never have been sent off, but to be honest, if another teams player had done it to one of ours, I would have been calling for them to be sent off.

It was a fuck up and they are making things a hell of allot worse by trying to talk their way out of it when the truth is actually pretty understandable, even if it did fuck us over.

It's like the pre referee strike all over again only this time the decision was wrong from both the linesman & referee whereas a witch hunt on a linesman lead to a referees strike when the referee & linesman were duped into awarding a penalty that never was despite the indecision the initial decision was wrong resulting in a witch hunt against officials by one club with no class shouting about dossiers  on officials as a form of blackmail. FF to 2018 they still try to manipulate things that don't concern them citing the same paranoid shite.

The officiating is piss poor enough in this country without their quislings pandering any further to the insidious bastard of an entity disguised as a football club.

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

so who actually seen an offence then? anybody? sorry but that's beyond incompetence. If you are sending Rangers players off for offences you haven't even seen, then there is something amiss.

But there's no bias from the officials remember, 

38 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The SFA are fucking useless.

They should have just said the following :-

"The referee was called by the linesman to highlight an off the ball incident. The linesman witnessed Morelos kick out at an opposition player and deemed the intent sufficient to warrant a sending off. The referee on this advice, sent the player off. On review, and seeing multiple replays, a panel of former referees decided that the contact was not sufficient for them to agree that the offence warranted a sending off. The correct course of action for the incident would have been a yellow card for Morelos during the game, but as it is not an option available to the disciplinary panel to apply retrospective yellow cards, the only way in which we could proceed was to rescind the red card handed out during the game. We offer an apology to both the player and Rangers FC for a mistake by the refereeing team during the game, but given the human aspects of the job, mistakes can and will happen."

I know many disagree, but I genuinely dont think there was a conspiracy to fuck Rangers in this. It was a harsh call and he should never have been sent off, but to be honest, if another teams player had done it to one of ours, I would have been calling for them to be sent off.

It was a fuck up and they are making things a hell of allot worse by trying to talk their way out of it when the truth is actually pretty understandable, even if it did fuck us over.

Yet last season we had a player kicked off the ball and punched in the stomach off the ball, ref SEEN both and only booked both players

So even when it happens to us the refs still dont give us an advantage