The day hearts went down to 7 men

MacBoyd

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Watched a clip on Facebook. Why did the home crowd and gough get so annoyed about it?

You have to have at least 7 players on the pitch or game gets abandoned as we were winning at the time it's the last thing we would of wanted.

I think Gough and others got annoyed because ref booked the Hearts player for kicking the goalpost out of frustration.

I think it was his second yellow ,so get sent off.

Gough being a typical Rangers man wanted the ref to be a little understanding. Wonder if Gough would still do that if he played 

for Rangers now? ?

Nothing to do with us but pretty sure something similar happened between Sheffield Weds and W.B.A some years ago, Seem to remember Neil Warnock and Gary Megson being the managers, Fuck knows what it was all about but iirc Gary Megson was going fucking apeshit accusing Warnock of all sorts for days afterwards, Could be wrong but don't think there's any love lost between them.

Haven’t watched the video back but I’m sure it was Paul Ritchie and Davie Weir who got sent off too - alongside someone else and a French guy?

Or was it Allan Johnston? I remember two of the players went on to play for us. It was a question in a Rangers quiz a few years back.

Paul Ritchie I guess could barely be described as a Rangers player.