Halliday

Lloyd

He will do a job, today was exactly the level he can excel at. Loves the club, good guy to have around.

i think he was reminded to keep his discipline (ie not complicate things too much)at one point during the first half. If he can do the role he’s given he’s a very useful squad player. 

Hasn't put a foot wrong in any games he has played since coming back in to the team and has done what's asked of him in different positions, whilst he isn't our best player he seems to be rejuvenated under Gerrard and with better players around him, he has shown a level of resilience which can only be admired.

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Was it not for a slack pass? Or being out of position? 

That's a bit of a snide dig, saying it was a Barry Ferguson impersonation, every team needs players who aren't afraid to tell a team mate when they have messed up.

I think it was for not offering an option at the goal kick but McGregor had already said to push up.

Probably a bit snide but I have noticed he points and shouts a lot and the rest of the players seem to ignore him?

Can remember seeing his name on the team sheet for a game last season and saying 'ffs Halliday' and had other bears in agreement.

This season there's no concerns or panic when he's selected. Better players around him and a manager who saw something in him have made him a better player.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think it was for not offering an option at the goal kick but McGregor had already said to push up.

Probably a bit snide but I have noticed he points and shouts a lot and the rest of the players seem to ignore him?

I just caught what happened after it happened, I think the ball went out for a throw where Katic should have picked it up?

I don't think it's fair to say people ignore him mate, I just thought it was a bit snide with the Barry Ferguson line because he will never be that calibre of player.

If you don't like or rate him that's fair enough but I think he deserves a bit of praise for the way he has stood in this season and performed well, he's far from my favourite but we have had a lot worse recently and Gerrard seems to rate him.

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Played him and was shite, he has a level and today was his level.

A lot of players have been shite against them in recent years; a few were fairly shite 2 weeks ago lets be honest.

Halliday seems to be finding his best form under Gerrard and if that continues I think he can have value in the big matches, domestic and Europe.  

21 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Nonsense. He got abuse for being absolutely terrible, and deserved it tbh. Just like he deserves the praise he's getting now.

Not at all, there were plenty of terrible players he was singled out more than others.

15 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

A lot of players have been shite against them in recent years; a few were fairly shite 2 weeks ago lets be honest.

Halliday seems to be finding his best form under Gerrard and if that continues I think he can have value in the big matches, domestic and Europe.  

The phrase ‘you can’t polish a turd ‘comes to mind with Halliday, only my opinion.

maybe a bit harsh because I don’t think he is shite , just not the level we need. 

If he does play in the big games he will make mistakes which will cost us.

I think Gerrard knows we will need to use the full squad and days like today when we are playing bottom of the league at home, players like Halliday should be able to do the business.

11 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

The phrase ‘you can’t polish a turd ‘comes to mind with Halliday, only my opinion.

maybe a bit harsh because I don’t think he is shite , just not the level we need. 

If he does play in the big games he will make mistakes which will cost us.

I think Gerrard knows we will need to use the full squad and days like today when we are playing bottom of the league at home, players like Halliday should be able to do the business.

Agree with this. He's making plenty of mistakes in games like yesterday and getting away with them because of the calibre of the opposition.

I don't think he's improved at all under Gerrard, he just wasn't as bad as he was being made out to be before and isn't as good as some are making him out to be now. The better players around him are helping but for me we can't be having someone start games regularly for us who isn't one of the top 12 or 15 players in their position in the league.

Andy Halliday was sad to see Kenny Miller's Ibrox return end with a red card, despite breaking his nose in a clash with his former team-mate.

Miller was booked for barging into Halliday before a lunge on Borna Barisic earned the veteran striker a straight dismissal.

"It wasn't the return he would have been hoping for," said Halliday after Rangers' 4-0 win over Dundee.

"But I'll be having a few words with him for breaking my nose again."

Miller, 38, was making his first appearance at Ibrox following an acrimonious end to his third spell at the club in the summer.

There was at least the consolation of an ovation for the forward as he trudged off following his 79th-minute red card, which Dundee say they will contest.

"Kenny's a very good friend of mine," said midfielder Halliday, who played the full game with his third broken nose in four years.

"It's disappointing how it ended for him at this football club. But I wish him all the best at Dundee."

Lassana Coulibaly returned to the Rangers line up after a month out injured and opened the scoring after just four minutes.

"Lassana's a very powerful boy," said Halliday. "He's only 22 but his legs are the same size as my head.

"He's been a miss for us because he's that destroyer type that we've not had for a few years. He's got raw potential to go very far in the game."