Halliday

Lloyd

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Did ok but FFS lets not get carried away, when everyone is fit he'll be on the bench, well unless the Spaniards need a replacement for Carzola ? 

I think he'll play quite a bit this season. Arfield, Coulibally, Jack and Ejaria are ahead of him - Dorrans now too - but with us having a minimum of 55 games this season I reckon Halliday will continue to be called on a fair bit. I'll be surprised if he isn't given a contract extension. 

4 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I think he'll play quite a bit this season. Arfield, Coulibally, Jack and Ejaria are ahead of him - Dorrans now too - but with us having a minimum of 55 games this season I reckon Halliday will continue to be called on a fair bit. I'll be surprised if he isn't given a contract extension. 

Would have been interesting to see Ejaria play in Spain, he'd have gotten a lot more time on the ball -- hopefully, fit for the return game at Ibrox. 

5 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I remember the oh had Lego in his pocket in semi from everyone but I actually think he's got better under SG and could play a vital role this season as seems to not be injured and ready to go.

The difference in Haliday must surely be coming from the coaching side, it's pretty obvious he's been given specific instructions and is not being asked to do stuff that he's incapable of doing, full marks to all involved and I for one am delighted for the boy, after the last season in particular it would have been so easy for him to have chucked it but he has been given another chance and through grit and determination is grabbing it with both hands, well done Andy.

Sorry to disagree with most on here. But he was meant to be the holding player and yet he was continually caught out by getting ahead of the ball and leaving huge gaps in front of the defence his job was to do the dirty work plugging holes and breaking up play  give me Ryan Jack  every day of the week before Andy !

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

Sorry to disagree with most on here. But he was meant to be the holding player and yet he was continually caught out by getting ahead of the ball and leaving huge gaps in front of the defence his job was to do the dirty work plugging holes and breaking up play  give me Ryan Jack  every day of the week before Andy !

I’m sure most, if not all, would have Jack before him. However, the improvement in his play this season has been tremendous - no harm acknowledging that.

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

So did big coulibaly, who played the 90?

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

I’m sure most, if not all, would have Jack before him. However, the improvement in his play this season has been tremendous - no harm acknowledging that.

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Haven't read anyone suggest Halliday should start ahead of Jack, but don't agree that Halliday wasn't carrying out the gaffer's instructions. If that was the case he'd have been brought off. 

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Should start Halliday ahead of Jack.

Let's not get carried away. Halliday has improved hugely but Jack is better in that role - just good to have players in the squad to do a job, no more Lee Hodsons. 

If he had a Top Trump's card he'd have a 4 for tackling, 5 for passing, 8 for attitude and 10 for effort.

I'd  settle for 2 or 3 of those players in and around the squad. I really don't think Halliday is an issue this season, he's doing just fine and I'm glad we've got him.