****The Official Villareal v's Rangers match thread****

LegendofCoop

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villareal are a huge step up from any team we have played so far under Stevie-G. We will have to give a top class defensive performance and try and sneak a goal on the counter or from a set-piece.

I predict 1-0 with Tavs scoring a penalty. Take a draw now though.

22 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Looks like the toughest game to start off with. Just getting here is great, it would require a defensive display a step up from Maribor, so it really depends what Villareal teams turns up. But I note they are 2nd bottom in La Liga with 1 point from 9 (P3W0D1L2F1A3), so perhaps we are getting them at a good time?

Remember Valencia? Playing shite in La Liga, pumped us n made it to the final that year. 

Just glad to be on this stage again 

20 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

How fucking good to see a match thread with a team the calibre of Villarreal in it?

I remember standing inside Forthbank stadium 6 years ago watching Stirling albion beating us 1 nil and wondering if we would ever get back to play in the SPL again, never mind European football. 

After everything our supporters have been through, it's great to be back at this level. 

Very excited to be back in Europe group stages. 

Toughest game 1st. They are a big step up from the teams we've played so far. Will need a big defensive performance.   

Reading jack is out so going with : 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic 

Coulibaly Ejaria Arfield 

Candieas Lafferty Kent

Hopefully the players go out and express themselves. If they do, then we have a chance of taking something from the game. It would be easy to say there's no expectation to win the game, but that's not in our DNA. We should always look to win a game. It just wouldn't be a surprise if we lose, and I think this wouldn't get the team too much stick (so long as we turn up).

The boss has to get his tactics right too. Setting the team up the way he did against the scum will possibly see us getting a doing. We have to go out and at least try to play in the first half. 

For once, just before a big game, I'm not nervous at all. Hopefully the players have a similar feeling and just go out and play! 

How I've missed these big nights!! :UK: :UK: :UK: 

Can't wait everyone who is going stay safe and make us proud like you always do.i will be on holiday in Menorca anyone know of any bar over there that will have the game on. P.s this is not a holiday post but is my first one abroad in 10 years so cut me some slack bears. Just asking in case any of you know where I will get to watch the gers Cheers.

11 hours ago, BlueMe said:

I remember standing inside Forthbank stadium 6 years ago watching Stirling albion beating us 1 nil and wondering if we would ever get back to play in the SPL again, never mind European football. 

After everything our supporters have been through, it's great to be back at this level. 

Here here.

12 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Won't be popular but this is a freebie so would rest some players for St Johnstone. Rotation is key.

McGregor

Tav Worrall Katic Barisic

Coulibaly Halliday Ejaria

Gredza Lafferty Middleton

I’d be surprised if Gredza starts mate after hearing Gerrards interview. He’s only about 70% match fit.

Getting to the group's was the achievement so won't be to disheartened if we get beat as long as we give a good account of ourselves and keep winning in the league. Fancy us to win away once in the groups perhaps Vienna might be our best chance. Not sure what cska are like but most teams seem to struggle away in Russia 

I’m expecting a Walter style set up and won’t complain about it.

Crispy lips embrasses himself trying to play expansive football against European teams. We need to box clever.

Away from home, set up to soak up and hit on the break, make most of set pieces etc. 

Predicting a 0-0.

Archived