****The Official Villareal v's Rangers match thread****

LegendofCoop

1 hour ago, WilliamMunny said:

People saying they look poor, average etc are fooling themselves.

They play at a much higher level and have a better quality of player than us.

A draw would be an excellent result. 

The way Dundee walked through our midfield & got past the fullbacks on a number of occasions should warn everybody that we are not much more than ‘bang average’ as well.

We were comfy, we dominated & were good in patches, but there’s plenty left to work on.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Can see us getting something out of this, Villareal have not started well at all so its a good time to face them and we should be going over there with nothing to fear, I will go for 1-1.

there a win off 3rd place and point off Atletico Madrid. I don't think I would read too much into the start. This is several levels up from anybody we have played for years.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

there a win off 3rd place and point off Atletico Madrid. I don't think I would read too much into the start. This is several levels up from anybody we have played for years.

Exactly. We could look to our very own league to see that the startup can be quite slow for some teams.

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Yep, getting something out of this would be pretty amazing tbh 

24 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Think might go 3-5-2 for this 

Worral thrown in, Lafferty and Morelos up top, delivery from Tav and Barisic.

No Gerrard made a comment about taking Kent off to give him a break before this one, so I can’t see the formation changing 

0-1 to the famous with the only shot we have on target 

No away goals rule to worry.about and to be honest to qualify for the group stages so early in the managers reign is success in itself. So I hope we just go for it you never know we might just get something from the game. Just to be talking about facing opposition like villa real is exciting after all the years of heartache we have all had to suffer. Can't wait for every game now so roll on Thursday.

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Seems like it’s almost the perfect time to play them. Would rather it was at Ibrox going by their horrific form so far

They've lost their 2 home games mate so it's prob best going there now , then hope they rest players by the time our home game comes , draw would be a brilliant result,  don't see there being many goals 

Archived