****The Official Villareal v's Rangers match thread****

LegendofCoop

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rambo1872 said:

Had 20 buck taken out the bank yesterday is this for the first home leg of the euro ties? 

26 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Probably The ayr cup game. European games will be about 30-35 quid 

Ayr money came out start of last week, Livingston on Friday and  Europa comes out today for all three home games. 

Never known Rangers to take money on a Sunday 

Watched the 2006 games again. We were very, very unlucky not to beat them despite the fact that they had Forlan and Riquelme and we had Ian Murray and Chris Burke!

Important that we remember how average they are these days. If we were playing Alaves, Levante or Eibar we wouldn’t be so pessimistic.

With Coulibaly back, I’ll not be surprised if we can nick a win.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Watched the 2006 games again. We were very, very unlucky not to beat them despite the fact that we had Forlan and Riquelme and we had Ian Murray and Chris Burke!

Important that we remember how average they are these days. If we were playing Alaves, Levante or Eibar we wouldn’t be so pessimistic.

With Coulibaly back, I’ll not be surprised if we can nick a win.

I was at the away leg, very frustrating night, unable to get a beer in the shithole of a town, chaos at the turnstiles as Polis could not comprehend how many Bears had turned up and manged to get tickets, and so very nearly beat them. Sat in the bar of my hotel in Valencia well in to the morning drowning my sorrows. As previous posters have said, anything we get from this game is a bonus, anything we get from the Europa is a bonus, so let us just see what happens.#

That being said, cannae wait till Thursday.

I'll be watching this with the wee guy at home on Thursday.

Watching us walk out for this tie will really feel like it's back. It's the European night's I missed over everything else. To be finally back and playing a team that we nearly got to.the quarters of the champions league against has a nice wee story to it.

Nothing beats European night's at ibrox for me and I can't wait till that first home group game in a few weeks 

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'll be watching this with the wee guy at home on Thursday.

Watching us walk out for this tie will really feel like it's back. It's the European night's I missed over everything else. To be finally back and playing a team that we nearly got to.the quarters of the champions league against has a nice wee story to it.

Nothing beats European night's at ibrox for me and I can't wait till that first home group game in a few weeks 

European nights are special but can't wait to hear the champions league theme at Ibrox again. Amazing feeling.

Think we have to look at this as a free hit for the group, realistically don’t expect us to get anything from this game as we never seem to do well in Spain apart from Barcelona 72, get the hardest game out the way first and hopefully the other game will be a draw

7 minutes ago, roboscot said:

Was there any explanation regarding the early kick off time?

Makes it 2.55am here which is brutal when you have work in the morning. 

It's to stop teams from the same country kicking off at the same time, i think, and TV money of course.

On 15/09/2018 at 22:06, BlueKnight87 said:

Very excited to be back in Europe group stages. 

Toughest game 1st. They are a big step up from the teams we've played so far. Will need a big defensive performance.   

Reading jack is out so going with : 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic 

Coulibaly Ejaria Arfield 

Candieas Lafferty Kent

No doubt this will be the team with Candieas and Kent making it five across the middle when they have the ball.

Worrall, Halliday, Fod, Flanagan, Middleton, Grezda, Wallace on the bench.

Great to have Coulibaly back?

1 hour ago, roboscot said:

Thanks, that makes sense, hopefully the home games will be a civilised 5.45am ko haha

I lived in China for years so with you on that. I used to get up in the middle of the night just for commentary from Rangers website.. Sometimes it was on some Chinese sports channel if I was lucky. ?

35 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

No doubt this will be the team with Candieas and Kent making it five across the middle when they have the ball.

Worrall, Halliday, Fod, Flanagan, Middleton, Grezda, Wallace on the bench.

Great to have Coulibaly back?

Flanagan’s suspended and Wallace isn’t registered for Europe

Archived