White socks at home

McEwan's Lager

Died a little yesterday when I saw the team come out in them.

Trying to remember the last time we wore them at home? Under Advocaat we did it a lot in the 00-01 season I think.

Much prefer our traditional socks but I don’t mind red, red with white tops, or blue like under Souness but white just doesn’t look right in my opinion.

White socks are for the tims , i fuc*ing hate them with a passion, i know thats irrational but I'd sack Jimmy Bell the next time he pulls them out the hamper ???, why would we make any changes to our strip when we're at home ? Also i know we're only 6 years old but surely Dundee knew we'd be wearing black n red by now.

Until this thread I couldn't have told you what colour of socks the players wore yesterday. But now I'm outraged. We need a voice in the boardroom. A socks spokesperson. If we dont get a grip on it we could end up like man u wearing pink socks that have run in the wash 

Also, it looked like every Rangers player had cut the feet off the socks.

First noticed it when Tav was treated for a tackle.. Pulled up his sock and it rose UP over his shin pad and he had another white socks under!

Can't recall ever seeing that before.

Maybe the Hummel sock are shite :)

16 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Until this thread I couldn't have told you what colour of socks the players wore yesterday. But now I'm outraged. We need a voice in the boardroom. A socks spokesperson. If we dont get a grip on it we could end up like man u wearing pink socks that have run in the wash 

You watched the game and couldn’t tell what socks we wore?? 

Can I have a pint of what you were drinking. 

8 minutes ago, beararse said:

First noticed it when Tav was treated for a tackle.. Pulled up his sock and it rose UP over his shin pad and he had another white socks under!

Maybe the Hummel sock are shite ?

Noticed that as well

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

Maybe the Hummel sock are shite ?

Most pro's tend to wear "trusox" now (started with gareth bale, they are ankle socks with grips on them). Rules state that the tape and any strapping must be the same colour as the socks so most now tend to cut the feet off the socks and slip them over the trusox and shinguards

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You watched the game and couldn’t tell what socks we wore?? 

Can I have a pint of what you were drinking. 

If you'd asked me at the time then no problem. A day later all fashion sensibility has drained from me. I promise to take more notice in the future.

38 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

This, ruined the whole match for me.