Is Barisic the new Papac

GrandSuckMaster

I think it's a bit soon to be judging Barišić. I thought he had a good game at the weekend - got an assist, I think - but he's still settling in. He'll come on more in the next few weeks with a sustained run in the team, as it's been stop-start with him being cup-tied for the Europa League qualifiers and the international break. 

9 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I think it's a bit soon to be judging Barišić. I thought he had a good game at the weekend - got an assist, I think - but he's still settling in. He'll come on more in the next few weeks with a sustained run in the team, as it's been stop-start with him being cup-tied for the Europa League qualifiers and the international break. 

Agreed. Still needs some time to bed in and realize the team he is playing for. Think he’ll come on gangbusters for us. 

It's still pretty early to throwing judgement at him but shit, if he's already being compared to Papac that's nothing but high praise. For the years I've been watching Papac has always been my favourite for LB, never a guy you had any worry in, defensively or attacking. If Barisic is anything like Papac he'll come good, just needs time to bed and get used to things. Looking forward to seeing how he works with Grezda up the left. 

The Papac comparisons are warranted, with him being a steady prescence.

He works hard. Baricic offers that little bit more going forward though, and once he settled in I think we have a good player.

Certainly an upgrade on the previous left backs we have had.