Red Dead Redemption 2

dmgers2

Wasn't going to buy the game until I finished a backlog that I have. Namly Watch Dogs 2 and AC: Origins.

But it's payday so thought "fuck it" got the Special Edition from Amazon for £28 as I had £46 worth of vouchers :lol:

7 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Game is class but I'll always find getting from place to place a bit tedious on a horse (compared to GTA in cars I mean).

Nah man GTA is a load of nonsense compared to this for me haha just driving about and bland city no character to it and the fights are pure shit 

On 25/10/2018 at 17:34, aird said:

Wasn't going to buy the game until I finished a backlog that I have. Namly Watch Dogs 2 and AC: Origins.

But it's payday so thought "fuck it" got the Special Edition from Amazon for £28 as I had £46 worth of vouchers :lol:

I thought watchdogs was brilliant, the second one was too buggy, had an over complicated gameplay control menu system. Played for a few days then packed it in. 

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I must be the only person in the entire world who doesn't like it so far :lol: 

It's weird. Whilst I appreciate the game I'm not sure it's massively enjoyable. Simply far too much of the game is spent riding through bland countryside whilst tapping x and making sure your horse doesn't explode.

Whilst it's basically pointless to compare it to GTA, getting from point A to point B weaving inbetween traffic at 100mph is far more entertaining than a countryside filled with nothingness apart from the odd horse and cart.

Then again it's a western game so there's literally not much else they could do...

It’s a masterpiece because of the level of detail, the sheer size, the story, the randomness and how it plays. If you don’t like the genre and the original game then it’s obvious it might not be for you. 

I love GTA and always have done since the first one but Red Dead is a better game in so many ways for me. 

Not many games you can still go back to after a tee or two and still find things going on that you had never seen before ( RDR) and this will be even more so.