Red Dead Redemption 2

dmgers2

Just now, The Godfather said:

It’s a masterpiece because of the level of detail, the sheer size, the story, the randomness and how it plays. If you don’t like the genre and the original game then it’s obvious it might not be for you. 

I love GTA and always have done since the first one but Red Dead is a better game in so many ways for me. 

Not many games you can still go back to after a tee or two and still find things going on that you had never seen before ( RDR) and this will be even more so.

Nah I liked the original but i think what I look for in games has changed since then. There's an utter lack of freedom when it comes to completing a mission, feels rigid. Whereas a game like Far Cry feels far more open and doesn't try hold your hand as you complete the mission.

9 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Nah I liked the original but i think what I look for in games has changed since then. There's an utter lack of freedom when it comes to completing a mission, feels rigid. Whereas a game like Far Cry feels far more open and doesn't try hold your hand as you complete the mission.

I've only played the first cpl missions and felt similar but was guessing they were just training type missions and hope as it goes on there will be more freedom 

12 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

That’s the missions, when you complete the story that’s when you get to roam free doing all the random shit that takes forever to do, always been that way with Red Dead. That’s what I like about it tbh, the story is immersive and by following it you get to see glimpses of shit going on around you that you go back to when it’s all done. In terms of a free roam game there isn’t another game that touches this imo 

4 hours ago, Iggy666 said:

Fucking loving this game so far. Just did the mission where you take the young black lad to the pub for a couple of drinks to calm him down a bit and you both end up completely shit faced and in the jail. ?

Just did this yesterday night before I went off was amazing ? between this and god of war for the best games I’ve played in years

Did you get caught ? Haha I managed to run away and blacked out woke up horseless at the other end of the current map ???

The game is 10/10 gta etc don’t compare been attacked by farmers with rakes and allsorts 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

The attention to detail is scary.

in the snow the baws of your horse shrink.

:lol: I'm howling at you being the cunt that notices this

I might pick this up, worth getting the first one to get up to speed or could I just fire straight into the second one? I'm familiar with free roam games due to gta 

7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

:lol: I'm howling at you being the cunt that notices this

I might pick this up, worth getting the first one to get up to speed or could I just fire straight into the second one? I'm familiar with free roam games due to gta 

He didn't notice it. It was quite widely joked about before the game came out.

This won’t suit the casual gamer. Can’t just play 30 mins here and there, you need a good few hours a go for this. Try to do a mission and you end up doing 3 or 4 side things and before you know it you have spend 2 hours before you even finish the actual thing you started. 

was planning getting a few games including fifa but scrapped that as this will probably see me through till a good bit into next year. 

7 hours ago, The Godfather said:

This won’t suit the casual gamer. Can’t just play 30 mins here and there, you need a good few hours a go for this. Try to do a mission and you end up doing 3 it 4 side things and before you know it you have spend 2 hours before you even finish the actual thing you started. 

Mess planning getting a few games including fifa but scrapped that as this will probably see me through till a good bit into next year. 

Hopefully this holds me like GTA did. I played that for months on end. Got this on Friday but haven't even installed it yet so will get in about it the night I think 

11 hours ago, The Godfather said:

This won’t suit the casual gamer. Can’t just play 30 mins here and there, you need a good few hours a go for this. Try to do a mission and you end up doing 3 or 4 side things and before you know it you have spend 2 hours before you even finish the actual thing you started. 

was planning getting a few games including fifa but scrapped that as this will probably see me through till a good bit into next year. 

i done 8 hours on sat lol

Liking this game more now. Plenty tedious things though like not being able to walk above 1mph in plenty different situations.

Also I have like 1500 dollars, what's worth buying? Any decent weapons? I'm still using that repeater that I've had from the start.

30 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Liking this game more now. Plenty tedious things though like not being able to walk above 1mph in plenty different situations.

Also I have like 1500 dollars, what's worth buying? Any decent weapons? I'm still using that repeater that I've had from the start.

You're like a hormonal wummin with this :lol: