Gazza Signs 95

BridgeIsBlue

There was a real buzz about the city when he signed, national news was all it - it really was that big a deal as Rangers completely stumped any English enquiries as they simply didn't know about his availability at that point. Remember reading that Man Utd were interested, but never made any real offer.

I remember we were over in Cyprus for the famagusta game and a lot of the fans had all bleached their hair like gazza and everywhere we went all you could hear was the song boom boom boom let me hear you say gazza gazza an adaptation of a song in the charts at the time. What a week that was. 

12 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

There was a real buzz about the city when he signed, national news was all it - it really was that big a deal as Rangers completely stumped any English enquiries as they simply didn't know about his availability at that point. Remember reading that Man Utd were interested, but never made any real offer.

Not what I heard mate. He made a choice between 3 English clubs and us. The English clubs included Villa and Everton I think. It was in the documentary on Channel 4 called Waiting for Gascoigne. Follows the season from him deciding to go to us right through to winning the title. I think it was only ever released on VHS around that time.

How I wish we had someone of his ability right now .... he was capable of destroying defences single handedly ..... the games against the sheep shaggers were something to behold and the scum to this day hate him with a passion .... so an all round talent then .... :p:

Mad as a brush with skills we will rarely see again ...... he is sorely missed but not forgotten.

:UK:

A wee bit of pee came out when he signed. I loved watching him every week and couldn’t believe he was playing for us. 

Great times, they really were

feels slightly weird in the same way watching Gerrard as our manager- similar but different 

I fucking love our club, fucking love it