vendetta against Alfredo Morelos

Malkster

32 minutes ago, Malkster said:

Vendetta might be too strong a word for it, but has there ever been any other player who is singled out for ''special attention''? 

Is it because he's a hothead, or because he plays for us, or because he's a threat, or is it a racial thing 

don't recall any player being given the treatment he gets from officials, players, media, etc

only know that the fear is strong with them....................discuss

His style draws attention to him but some of the cards he picks up are ridiculous, not given to others in similar circumstances, and to me are given as refs don't like his petty and dismissive nature towards them and they can't wait to get the satisfaction from getting their own back and showing who is boss.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

His style draws attention to him but some of the cards he picks up are ridiculous, not given to others in similar circumstances, and to me are given as refs don't like his petty and dismissive nature towards them and they can't wait to get the satisfaction from getting their own back and showing who is boss.

In every league in the world players get booked for dissent and rightly so. Nothing more pathetic looking than a player following a ref around moaning about every decision 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Hot head? One red card rescinded, the other probably up there with the softest red you’ll ever see. 

Not a hot head at all. The media and refs have bought into the hot head tail, evident with his first run of the mill foul on Saturday equalling a yellow straight away whereas Darren Odea didn’t even get booked for giving away the penalty lol.

After he got booked Morelos was going to go in for a 50/50 but actually pulled away from the challenge all together. That’s the effect it’s having on the player

Mate he is quite blatantly a hot head.

I like Morelos but he is a fucking liability at times when decisions go against him

20 minutes ago, Malkster said:

He just has to fine tune his aggression and he'll be a better player, seems to be a 'Columbian' thing when you watch them play, they all have that passion/aggression about them

Agreed mate, it's something which I think he will control over time - is still such a raw player in so many ways. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

:huh: Have I missed the in joke? 

That's just nonsense that has appeared since Gerrard arrived and started saying it.

What that means is he can't contain himself at times when decisions don't go his way. I have never heard any other striker in the world described that way unless they have a bad temper 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

In every league in the world players get booked for dissent and rightly so. Nothing more pathetic looking than a player following a ref around moaning about every decision 

He gets fouls given against him for being rugby tackled round the neck then booked for saying what the fuck ref in a language the ref doesn't understand. Spot on.

He's targeted by other players, has fouls given against him for no foul, and then picks up yellows for repeated (not) fouling. 

I'm not saying in the slightest all his cards have been wrong. But some of the free kicks against and yellows are shockers.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Mate he is quite blatantly a hot head.

I like Morelos but he is a fucking liability at times when decisions go against him

He has been correctly sent off once in his whole career and it was for throwing his arm up in the direction of the ref, obviously it was ridiculously stupid of him to do it and it’s probably the softest red I’ve seen in a long time.

He might be stupid on the pitch, but he’s not a hot head. A hot head is a player who gets sent off constantly either for poor tackles or crazy reactions towards the ref or other players. 

I don’t think he is, I really don’t. I think it’s well wide of the mark to label him that, stupid sometimes aye but not a hot head

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He gets fouls given against him for being rugby tackled round the neck then booked for saying what the fuck ref in a language the ref doesn't understand. Spot on.

He's targeted by other players, has fouls given against him for no foul, and then picks up yellows for repeated (not) fouling. 

I'm not saying in the slightest all his cards have been wrong. But some of the free kicks against and yellows are shockers.

When he insists on backing into defenders constantly there was only going to be so long before they caught on to it and started going down to win free kicks 

As I've said I like Morelos but his temper does him absolutely no favours and his hold up play revolves nearly entirely around backing into defenders which will only work for so long until they start falling over 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You're being silly now................don't you know it's all his own fault :whistle: