vendetta against Alfredo Morelos

Malkster

2 hours ago, backup said:

The $64,000 question, pre the dross mcoist inflicted on us, would morelos have broken into any other Rangers team, I do not believe so.  

I would've played him ahead of Lafferty, he was shite until the last few games of the season. Jelavic and Naismith, no.

3 hours ago, backup said:

The $64,000 question, pre the dross mcoist inflicted on us, would morelos have broken into any other Rangers team, I do not believe so.  

Those teams included seasoned internationalists, often captains of their country, paid huge wages, often at ground breaking transfer fees for Scotland.

We often had TV revenues, CL incomes, merchandise sales and the draw of CL football to make such signings happen.

If folk are looking to compare cheaper less experienced players now to then,  then its a no brainer. Many of our players of yesteryear were class many of us will never see again.

Different era, different financial position, different and lesser quality available to us. We need to sign potential, and then it into huge prof it. The finished article may be beyond us unless it's the likes of McGregor on his latter career stages.

It's not ideal, but our current position isn't. Just dont think it's fair to draw comparisons on players on an ability basis now and in our heydays.

On 18/09/2018 at 14:57, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm a Morelos guy.

He has already cost us points against Abeedeen....

This is a typical comment you'll hear from some of our fans about Morelos...and this from 'a Morelos guy' FFS.  He was sent off at Aberdeen for fuck all and it was rescinded. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Those teams included seasoned internationalists, often captains of their country, paid huge wages, often at ground breaking transfer fees for Scotland.

We often had TV revenues, CL incomes, merchandise sales and the draw of CL football to make such signings happen.

If folk are looking to compare cheaper less experienced players now to then,  then its a no brainer. Many of our players of yesteryear were class many of us will never see again.

Different era, different financial position, different and lesser quality available to us. We need to sign potential, and then it into huge prof it. The finished article may be beyond us unless it's the likes of McGregor on his latter career stages.

It's not ideal, but our current position isn't. Just dont think it's fair to draw comparisons on players on an ability basis now and in our heydays.

Why, is bale not every bit the player giggs was and more, is morelos immune from comparison ?

I just don't think he is very good, others do, all about opinion.

35 minutes ago, Briton said:

This is a typical comment you'll hear from some of our fans about Morelos...and this from 'a Morelos guy' FFS.  He was sent off at Aberdeen for fuck all and it was rescinded. 

He still kicked out and left the ref with a decision. Resinded means fuck all. Kenny Millers red card should have been resinded but wanst.

He got sent off in europe for petulance. He reacts to oppinents all to often. Take the blinders off.

13 hours ago, backup said:

Why, is bale not every bit the player giggs was and more, is morelos immune from comparison ?

I just don't think he is very good, others do, all about opinion.

I'm all for criticising. He's got many faults, I'm not against stating them.

But look at the calibre of players and teams we had, and could attract through spending millions (And more than the scum) on the finished articles. World class players. I just think given our financial position, it's wrong to compare now to then. We're shopping in different markets.

It's like saying SG should be better than Walter right now. With better results. Realistic?

Fuck knows what Bale or Giggs have to do with it.

And which of our other players (none seemingly get the same criticism directed at them) would have broken into a pre mccoist Rangers team?

13 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He still kicked out and left the ref with a decision. Resinded means fuck all. Kenny Millers red card should have been resinded but wanst.

Rescinded doesn't mean fuck all, it means the mistake was recognised by the authorities.  Pity you couldn't see that rather than slag our own player for something he did not do. 

I like Morelos but arguing about whether Aberdeen red card proves anything is daft.

He's a Columbian Chic Charnley and will be targeted by other teams in the same way.  Unless he learns to channel his aggression positively it will affect his career badly

55 minutes ago, Briton said:

Rescinded doesn't mean fuck all, it means the mistake was recognised by the authorities.  Pity you couldn't see that rather than slag our own player for something he did not do. 

Slag my own player......it's a fucking observation that he needs to either be less petulant or be more clever about it. Not a slagging.

If you don't think he has a petulant side then youre mad.... He was wound up by an Aberdeen player and kicked out off the ball. I'm no Pierluigi fucking Collina but that could and would be deemed a red card.  He then got two daft cards against UFA for...yes....petulance. Its something he certainly needs to work on.