And So How Far Have We Now Come

BridgeIsBlue

26 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Wasn't  happy at all with the first half. Players looked to have no belief when they had the ball and kept giving it away cheaply but full credit to them second half, they came out and gave us performance to be proud of

This........ As with the scum game we gave them to much respect and backed off them in the 1st half, then played much more like the way we can in the 2nd half. 

We were bawhairs away from a pummeling.  

We somehow got a draw, credibility, and could have snatched a winner.

Credit goes to every player and the management team. Pot 4 against pot 1 should have been easy points on their board. So proud ??

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We were bawhairs away from a pummeling.  

We somehow got a draw, credibility, and could have snatched a winner.

Credit goes to every player and the management team. Pot 4 against pot 1 should have been easy points on their board. So proud ??

Mate we nearly won that. They had 2 clear cut chances bar the goals Ffs.

Nowhere near a pummeling

2 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Wasn't  happy at all with the first half. Players looked to have no belief when they had the ball and kept giving it away cheaply but full credit to them second half, they came out and gave us performance to be proud of

Spot on. Would love to know what Gerrard said to give them belief again. What a fantastic appointment he's proving to be

2 hours ago, Big Al II said:

How many 1st team players did they actually leave out?

Not sure you can really say at this stage who is a first team player. They've been poor in the league, quite possible they changed things up in an attempt to find their strongest team

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate we nearly won that. They had 2 clear cut chances bar the goals Ffs.

Nowhere near a pummeling

They had 2 great chances with headers that went close but should have scored, McGregor dived low to his right with a stunning save, they carved us open at least twice and a poor touch let them down, a Tav deflection saved a good shot on target. They had plenty good chances, not 2.

What I was meaning was more that the fine margins saved us mostly from losing a second after a 1st minute goal against. I really feared for us all 1st half. Yet somewhere out of all that we could and should have taken the lead.

We were as good 2nd half as we were bad 1st and could have walked away pumped as likely as with 3 points.

11 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Arfields chance at the end, was unlucky. 

Aye but they missed a couple of sitters so all in all I'm delighted, but if Arfield had scored..... 

I said before the game started a 1-1 draw but my head was saying more likely 2-0 defeat so I'm buzzing.  Still can't believe we had managers who just spouted a pile of shite and thought that a loss was acceptable and now we have Stevie G, a manager who gets what our club means and the players playing with passion! It's a total transformation. 

Still buzzing!! ????

11 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

I only got home from work just before our second goal, but from what I saw we didn’t look outclassed or out of place playing at this level. The step up in class of our opposition can only be good for our players, and how bloody good is it to see Rangers playing in Europe again!! 

Weve come so far, and I still think there so much more to come from this team and Gerrard!

Usual when playing so called bigger teams we look scared, then again 2nd half realize they are pish