Middleton

Lloyd

42 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

There's been some brilliant short, stocky players, Maradona for one - low centre of gravity and his strength makes it difficult to get the ball from a nippy wee player.

Glenn Middleton is a star, written all over him. 

Ha ha, this is getting daft now. Hazard!, Maradona!!!.

He has pace, hes direct and has potential, but he also has a long way to go.

I've seen enough Gregg Wyldes, John Flecks, Rhys McCabe etc to keep a lid on things. Hopefully he can continue to improve but let's not put too much pressure/expectation on the kid right now.

34 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Ha ha, this is getting daft now. Hazard!, Maradona!!!.

He has pace, hes direct and has potential, but he also has a long way to go.

I've seen enough Gregg Wyldes, John Flecks, Rhys McCabe etc to keep a lid on things. Hopefully he can continue to improve but let's not put too much pressure/expectation on the kid right now.

That's wiznae the intent mate - just stating the fact that it's no problem being a wee stocky winger. 

5 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

There's been some brilliant short, stocky players, Maradona for one - low centre of gravity and his strength makes it difficult to get the ball from a nippy wee player.

Glenn Middleton is a star, written all over him. 

Maybe. Reminds me of Rooney when I see players with that build nowadays. He doesn't have the problem of peaking too early though. Always put Davie Weir's longevity down to the fact the he never turned pro till 26. Could be well wrong though. I'm no sports scientist.