Ally telling Gerrard were he was going wrong at 1-0

RFC55

3 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

Ally isn't another Butcher; he's still a bluenose, but he tries too hard to be objective to the point of actually being overly critical at times. (Alex Rae has made a few eyebrow raising comments at times, and he's another bluenose.) Kevin Thomson is the only one who doesn't.

Whether that's an unintentional result of trying to be objective or towing a line, I don't know, but BT Sports Scottish coverage very much seems to be put together by taigs. Having Miller and Hartson, two former celtic strikers, talk about Rangers from the media suite at Parkhead sums it up. Miller being 'the Rangers one' just days after getting sent off at Ibrox for going through Barišić, and after the acrimonious manner of his departure and subsequent bitching in the media, hardly seems like they give a shit about even appearing to be objective. 

I honestly think he just calls it as he sees it. 

Most the points in this thread have been about comments he made in the first half, which was not a great half for us at all and I thought were correct. 

Think he gets it a bit too tight on here at times. I'd rather the commentators/ pundits that are ex Rangers players say how it is rather than being biased to the point it's cringey like Sutton is with celtic. 

Did find it funny him trying to say where we were going wrong in the first half. Bit of a brass neck after some of the performances we had to endure with him on the sideline. 

Agreed about having Miller as our voice in the studio though 

2 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

I honestly think he just calls it as he sees it. 

Most the points in this thread have been about comments he made in the first half, which was not a great half for us at all and I thought were correct. 

Think he gets it a bit too tight on here at times. I'd rather the commentators/ pundits that are ex Rangers players say how it is rather than being biased to the point it's cringey like Sutton is with celtic. 

Did find it funny him trying to say where we were going wrong in the first half. Bit of a brass neck after some of the performances we had to endure with him on the sideline. 

Agreed about having Miller as our voice in the studio though 

Durrant was interviewed by Simon Ferry and said they knew some of the players they were putting out on the park weren't good enough or mentally strong enough to play for Rangers, but it's all they could get. Ally did make (quite) a few baffling decisions in regards to players like McLean and a few others being passed over, but I think overall he was on a hiding to nothing as our manager after we were dropped to the fourth tier. I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd walked away from the manager's job in 2012. (Doesn't excuse some of the results, mind.) 

I really enjoyed his commentary during the world cup. A few times he seemed relaxed like he was during that, and I think that's when he's at his best. I'd still rather listen to him than Sutton or Butcher, though preferably without Rob MacLean. 

17 hours ago, demise said:

Ally Mccoist made me retire from playing FIFA. Enough said.  

Ally McCoist management era turned me to ice hockey , after the absolute pish he served up in the afternoon against part timers I took myself off to watch the Glasgow clan at night for a bit of entertainment and enjoyment 

19 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Well he was employed as a pundit so that’s what here’s there for, whatever you think of him and I dont think a lot it’s better to see people with Rangers connections in the mhedia

He doesn’t act like he has any connections to us , to busy trying to be the usual everybody like me fly boy he actually gives us no praise whatsoever, kept referring to Greegs who was his goalkeeper through his assistant and 1 managerial year as the “goalkeeper” fuck off , guys turned into an absolute bellend of the highest order 

4 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Ally McCoist management era turned me to ice hockey , after the absolute pish he served up in the afternoon against part timers I took myself off to watch the Glasgow clan at night for a bit of entertainment and enjoyment 

Ive always wondered if there was even a small chance of avoiding admin, had we went into the CL group stages.

Rangers Media eh? The club is on the up domestically, in europe and off the field. Stevie G is emerging as a top class manager, the stadium is getting the TLC it badly needed. We now have our merchandise out SD free but let's still have a thread ripping into our greatest ever goalscorer.! 

I swear there are a few 'infiltrators' on here 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Rangers Media eh? The club is on the up domestically, in europe and off the field. Stevie G is emerging as a top class manager, the stadium is getting the TLC it badly needed. We now have our merchandise out SD free but let's still have a thread ripping into our greatest ever goalscorer.! 

I swear there are a few 'infiltrators' on here 

Pretty widely known I'm a taig tbh 

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Nah, not you mate 

Tbf mate he was annoying me during the game.

He's still an all time.playing hero for me but some.of.the stuff out with the playing stuff in recent history has shown him in a different light imo.

Still an all time Rangers great

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Tbf mate he was annoying me during the game.

He's still an all time.playing hero for me but some.of.the stuff out with the playing stuff in recent history has shown him in a different light imo.

Still an all time Rangers great

We have a thread every other week about him. How many times do people have to outright abuse him at every opportunity? 

Especially when everything is so positive 

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

We have a thread every other week about him. How many times do people have to outright abuse him at every opportunity? 

Especially when everything is so positive 

I've not read any abuse in here. I was wrecked at the time.of.writing.though and I've not read back through it so my testimony won't count for anything 

11 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

Ally isn't another Butcher; he's still a bluenose, but he tries too hard to be objective to the point of actually being overly critical at times. (Alex Rae has made a few eyebrow raising comments at times, and he's another bluenose.) Kevin Thomson is the only one who doesn't.

Whether that's an unintentional result of trying to be objective or towing a line, I don't know, but BT Sports Scottish coverage very much seems to be put together by taigs. Having Miller and Hartson, two former celtic strikers, talk about Rangers from the media suite at Parkhead sums it up. Miller being 'the Rangers one' just days after getting sent off at Ibrox for going through Barišić, and after the acrimonious manner of his departure and subsequent bitching in the media, hardly seems like they give a shit about even appearing to be objective. 

Could not have put it better, and I've tried