Lafferty

bordersbear

25 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I wasn't a fan of him coming back. 

But he worked his arse off tonight and came up with an important goal.

He's going to be a big player for us and I'd like to see more of the same from him. 

Yes I must admit I did not want him back because I did not think he was good enough, I was probably wrong. His goal tonight was excellent.

Must admit I never knew he had that type of finish in him. 

Honestly looks like a totally different player and it’s surprising when you look at his career after us, hardly played with stellar teams. 

Done a lot of maturing in his time away and it’s paying off for him

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes I must admit I did not want him back because I did not think he was good enough, I was probably wrong. His goal tonight was excellent.

He's a different player from the one that left us. Starting to think he'll be proving me, you and others wrong mate.

Lead the line brilliantly tonight and took his chance when it came. Great finish. 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

He's a different player from the one that left us. Starting to think he'll be proving me, you and others wrong mate.

Lead the line brilliantly tonight and took his chance when it came. 

It is great being proved wrong in this way :happy: hope he keeps up the good work. :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Must admit I never knew he had that type of finish in him. 

Honestly looks like a totally different player and it’s surprising when you look at his career after us, hardly played with stellar teams. 

Done a lot of maturing in his time away and it’s paying off for him

scored more than few goals like that for Northern Ireland

Didn’t think his hold up play was that great ad he’s poor at linking with the midfield, but his finish was pure class and that of a natural goal scorer. 

As Stevie has said it’s not about one or the other it’s about doing their job when they  are needed.