Joe Worrall.

Clemdog

11 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I can see the argument if the loan player is better than what we have like Kent and Coulibaly but developing Worrall when he isn’t near as good as Katic isn’t something I agree with at all tbh. 

Katic is a 1.5-2 million signing and hasn’t put a foot wrong. We should be developing our own players first, especially if they’re better than the loan players we have in the same position 

Spot on.

12 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

You think we're gonna play 32 cup games? ?

Considering we have already played 10 in Europe with a guaranteed 14. 4 in league cup.4 In Scottish cup possibly.3 x friendlies. With a potential friendly at least in the winter break like the last couple of seasons. That's 26 before we qualify for the last 32?

I actually really rate Worrall and am hoping that one of the reasons we are playing him ahead of Katic is that we have an agreed fee that we are prepared to meet to secure him on a long term deal.

I cant help but feel that there is an absolute need for some of our support to have a whipping boy for the season and this season Worrall is the one being singled out.

Katic also looks a very good player and prospect, so I do want to see him get plenty of time this year as well. 

Like a few on here I've been a bit confused with the haste in which Worrall has displaced Katic at the heart of our defence. Competition for starting places is something the Manger has spoken about since day one so maybe the idea behind this decision has a more far reaching impact than it appears. 

At the end of the day I suppose all that really matters is that Rangers benift from the managers decisions and we should be grateful for that. What makes this a bit more confusing though is that on the face of it Katic has quite literally not put a foot wrong defensively since he arrived. Nothing glaring anyway. 

Worrall's inclusion understandably then has a lot of us scratching our heads and I just wonder if Stevie is looking to provoke a reaction with the rest of the  team by sending a very visible reminder they need to bring the A game all of the time. 

These last couple of games the efforts and endeavour really does seem to have been ramped up quite considerably. Could this in part be a reaction to the Katic situation where by players now know unless they are playing at the very top of their game then they will be dropped in favour of an other option available to the manager. 

From what I've seen so far Katic has looked the more accomplished centre half but then Gerrard might well be seeing things entirely differently. Like I say as long as Rangers are improving and moving forward that's all that matters in the grand scheme of things. If nothing else it should ensure ALL our defenders are now focused on giving their all for this club. They now know full well the consequences if standards drop and that's as it should be. 

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Better at defending than a guy who was a captain of his country?  You've came out with some nonsensical statements but that one tops the lot utter nonsense

I though CH was always pretty limited as a defender - it’s just an opinion g

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I actually really rate Worrall and am hoping that one of the reasons we are playing him ahead of Katic is that we have an agreed fee that we are prepared to meet to secure him on a long term deal.

I cant help but feel that there is an absolute need for some of our support to have a whipping boy for the season and this season Worrall is the one being singled out.

Katic also looks a very good player and prospect, so I do want to see him get plenty of time this year as well. 

So we can’t criticise a player without the whipping boy rubbish getting thrown about. 

Worral looks really average at times and got the run around from that big donkey, one which needed an outstanding save by McGregor to save his blushes. 

If we are thinking of buying him he has to improve by a long way. 

32 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So we can’t criticise a player without the whipping boy rubbish getting thrown about. 

Worral looks really average at times and got the run around from that big donkey, one which needed an outstanding save by McGregor to save his blushes. 

If we are thinking of buying him he has to improve by a long way. 

It just feels like people have been overly critical of him IMO, this along with overstating the defending of Katic. McGregor had to pull off a fair few worldy saves with Katic in the team as well.

Dont get me wrong, Katic has been very impressive, but so has Worral. It wasnt just Worral who got the run around a few times off the big lump Hearts put up front, he rag-dolled Goldson a few times as well.

Every defender can have a couple of shaky moments in a game, even if you look at the top end EPL sides or top continental sides when playing lesser opponents.

34 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It just feels like people have been overly critical of him IMO, this along with overstating the defending of Katic. McGregor had to pull off a fair few worldy saves with Katic in the team as well.

Dont get me wrong, Katic has been very impressive, but so has Worral. It wasnt just Worral who got the run around a few times off the big lump Hearts put up front, he rag-dolled Goldson a few times as well.

Every defender can have a couple of shaky moments in a game, even if you look at the top end EPL sides or top continental sides when playing lesser opponents.

Not disagreeing but we have seen all 3 of them now play enough games and for me Worral is third choice. 

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not disagreeing but we have seen all 3 of them now play enough games and for me Worral is third choice. 

I'm not so sure, don't really see much difference between the 3.

Would put Goldson as the best, then not really much between Worral and Katic. Would possibly give the edge to Worral, but very little in it.

21 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I'm not so sure, don't really see much difference between the 3.

Would put Goldson as the best, then not really much between Worral and Katic. Would possibly give the edge to Worral, but very little in it.

Katic has a better first touch has more pace and will be better by a good margin when he’s Worrals age, just opinion of course. ?

53 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Fuck Joe had a hard paper run. 

Yeah true he looks much older and also acts much older. Thing is he's not played much in the last six months but he's definitely got ability and I've no doubt he'll be a player when he settles.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Katic has looked a lot better the Worrall. I think he'll come back into the team.

It looks to me that the gaffer is sending out a message to the sqaud that no one is untouchable. 

Katic injured and withdrawn from international squad. Perhaps been carrying a knock recently despite being on bench.

Could be something in the loan deal that he must play a certain about of games before jan or he goes back to Forrest or it could just be Katic is carrying an injury an worrall is just doing what he was brought in to do and cover for any injuries or niggles

playing wise they are both good but totally different type of players imo so it could just be horses for courses, I think we will definitely see changes between them 2 throughout the season 

He comes from Hucknall, where i'm living now, and came through hucknall sports (my wee boy trains with them). So he's came from Nothing but he's a typical Nottingham lad, full of it, hence the crazy statements.

He's very highly rated by the fans at Forest and they want him back, i go to the games now and again. The reason Karanka loaned him out is he wants older, more experienced players in there and the big number 44 Hefele has been immense this season. If Karanka stays we might get a chance at a permanent move.

2 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

Could be something in the loan deal that he must play a certain about of games before jan or he goes back to Forrest or it could just be Katic is carrying an injury an worrall is just doing what he was brought in to do and cover for any injuries or niggles

playing wise they are both good but totally different type of players imo so it could just be horses for courses, I think we will definitely see changes between them 2 throughout the season 

Reckon it's more to do with a Katic injury than some clause dictating to Gerrard that he must play x amount of games. Can't see Gerrard being up for stuff like that.

6 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Reckon it's more to do with a Katic injury than some clause dictating to Gerrard that he must play x amount of games. Can't see Gerrard being up for stuff like that.

Seems to be a thing now that people like to say "oh there must be a clause in the loan contract that he must play"