Joe Worrall.

Clemdog

19 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Brilliant mate.. can see why Gerrard brought him on now but still harsh on Katic who hasn’t put a foot wrong. He did say he’d change things up for each game. Worrall was just unlucky with their first goal 

Gaffer was saying Katic looked jaded.  

Worrall really came into his stride as the game went on. Very unlucky with the first. 

It's good to see what have strong options at CB. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Gaffer was saying Katic looked jaded.  

Worrall really came into his stride as the game went on. Very unlucky with the first. 

It's good to see what have strong options at CB. 

Not seen any post match reaction. Still out getting pissed. Mon the Rangers 

Speaking after the Europa League clash, he said: “I wasn’t surprised to be thrown into such a big game.

“I’ve got enough experience even at a young age to cope at this level and I proved it here.

“Connor and Nikola have done really well but I haven’t come to Rangers to sit and say, ‘Oh, they’ve done really well so keep playing them’.

“I want to play and it’s as simple as that. Whether it’s with Connor or Nik I don’t really care – I just want to get in the team.

“Selfishly, I’m here to play minutes. I’m not here to praise them.

“That was my first start since February and I’ve been desperate to play.

“I’ve been training hard and feel fit – at least I thought I was until I got cramp after 80 minutes!

“I played a bit in pre-season but it was really good to get out there.

“I played against Millwall in March and got around 20 minutes and that was my last appearance.

“But it’s more about the team than me and we were really good to come away with a draw against a team who spent about £70 million in the summer.

“The manager doesn’t name the team until the morning but you get an idea when you look at the shape.

“You can tell with the formation but it’s not confirmed.

“I’ve been thrown in at the deep end before on loan to Dagenham & Redbridge against Everton in the FA Cup when I was just 19 and we lost 2-0.

“It just shows the gaffer has confidence in me and I thought we performed really well.

“I had a steady game and kept the ball well.

“We couldn’t do much about the first goal – he just spanked it into the top corner but overall I thought we were quite solid.

goes down

“When we look back on the video of the goal maybe me and Connor were too close to the left side but it was the first minute of the game and the communication needs to improve.

“But we can’t take anything away from Carlos Bacca. “

Worrall admits he’s had enough of watching from the sidelines after being frozen out at Forest.

He said: “I want to get in the team

“I’ve got enough experience and the whole thing with Aitor Karanka is that he didn’t fancy me.

“He’s brought a lot of players in and it’s quite hard for him to sign players and not play them.

“So for me to come on loan to Rangers is really good for me as they’re a massive club and hopefully this is my first game of many.”

1 hour ago, FSM said:

My old man referred to him at least twice as Anthony Worrall.

"Naw dad, it's Joe Worrall, you're thinking of the fat cheese thief".

Apparently he'd been robbing one particular Tesco for ages and the staff had been watching him. Exceedingly odd behaviour for a successful chef/restaurateur.  

16 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Played wel tonight, but I’d still have Katic in my team before him, the boys grown with every game and is something of an unsung hero. Our 3 at the back options now are very decent however.

Agree that he gives us options .

As for this season in particular, the option of playing  a 3 5 2 if SGs decide appropriate at any point in time. What we need to remember is that he is here on loan and we will need a further option next season if SG wants to persevere with a 3 5 2 next season !

9 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

What's this going to do to Katic's development? He's been getting better every game, but can't do that from the bench... 

I think he'd have been aware that Worrall was going to be playing games this season, and if Katić really was jaded in training then dropping him makes sense. I'd have Katić back in at the weekend, and play Worrall against Ayr. (If McAuley has recovered from his calf problem by then, I'd give him a run out then too, even from the bench.) 

10 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

What's this going to do to Katic's development? He's been getting better every game, but can't do that from the bench... 

Resting him after a hectic start to the season and being away on intentional duty is not going to damage his development, if anything it will help him. 

He also knows now that his place in the team is not a certainty and he has to work hard and perform well every match to stay in the starting 11.

Katic will be an important player for us this season mate. 

11 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Speaking after the Europa League clash, he said: “I wasn’t surprised to be thrown into such a big game.

“I’ve got enough experience even at a young age to cope at this level and I proved it here.

“Connor and Nikola have done really well but I haven’t come to Rangers to sit and say, ‘Oh, they’ve done really well so keep playing them’.

“I want to play and it’s as simple as that. Whether it’s with Connor or Nik I don’t really care – I just want to get in the team.

“Selfishly, I’m here to play minutes. I’m not here to praise them.

“That was my first start since February and I’ve been desperate to play.

“I’ve been training hard and feel fit – at least I thought I was until I got cramp after 80 minutes!

“I played a bit in pre-season but it was really good to get out there.

“I played against Millwall in March and got around 20 minutes and that was my last appearance.

“But it’s more about the team than me and we were really good to come away with a draw against a team who spent about £70 million in the summer.

“The manager doesn’t name the team until the morning but you get an idea when you look at the shape.

“You can tell with the formation but it’s not confirmed.

“I’ve been thrown in at the deep end before on loan to Dagenham & Redbridge against Everton in the FA Cup when I was just 19 and we lost 2-0.

“It just shows the gaffer has confidence in me and I thought we performed really well.

“I had a steady game and kept the ball well.

“We couldn’t do much about the first goal – he just spanked it into the top corner but overall I thought we were quite solid.

goes down

“When we look back on the video of the goal maybe me and Connor were too close to the left side but it was the first minute of the game and the communication needs to improve.

“But we can’t take anything away from Carlos Bacca. “

Worrall admits he’s had enough of watching from the sidelines after being frozen out at Forest.

He said: “I want to get in the team

“I’ve got enough experience and the whole thing with Aitor Karanka is that he didn’t fancy me.

“He’s brought a lot of players in and it’s quite hard for him to sign players and not play them.

“So for me to come on loan to Rangers is really good for me as they’re a massive club and hopefully this is my first game of many.”

Maybe I’m being precious but I don’t like comments like that in public “I’m not here to praise them” - just seems a bit offish when it’s his first start

This boy seems to think very highly of himself. Didn’t see the game last night but from reading various accounts he was OK, not brilliant. 

34 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Maybe I’m being precious but I don’t like comments like that in public “I’m not here to praise them” - just seems a bit offish when it’s his first start

This boy seems to think very highly of himself. Didn’t see the game last night but from reading various accounts he was OK, not brilliant. 

Nothing wrong with being confident in your own ability but I did not think he had a particularly good game...he did not fill me with confidence. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I think he's just trying to say that he's not here to be in awe of anyone a bit like we shouldn't be in awe of playing Villarreal. He's not here for a jolly. He wants to make an impact and believes he's good enough to do so. He just seems really focused and wants to impress. You sometimes need that drive to get to the top. I've seen a few historic Gerrard interviews and he would always stress that all he wanted to do was take the jersey off his teammate and not give them it back.

I quite like his confidence. I don't think he means to be disrespectful in anything he's said. He possibly could have worded it a little better though! I also thought, for his debut it was pretty decent in the circumstances.