Vienna at Ibrox

scottyc06

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That could be absolute shite mate, was from wiki tbf

It's been said above they bring a couple thousand as away support in Europe 

I'm all for any club that isn't Scottish having that many fans in Ibrox tbh. It's just them complete Catholic bastards in Scotland I can't have 

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They have a cracking support. Them and Austria Vienna are proper football clubs.

Another couple of clubs that've suffered from the CL monopoly and the money pumped into the top clubs in the top leagues. 

Anyone over about 35 will see them as bigger clubs than anyone younger than that.

25 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Another couple of club's that've suffered from the CL monopoly and the money pumped in the top club's in the top leagues. 

Anyone over about 35 will see them as bigger clubs than anyone younger than that.

Their own league as well with Salzburg

Hello from Vienna,

just some info on what`s been discussed here already.

The ticket problem: Yes, UEFA regulations are 5% of the tickets but we only got 1.200. So some fans are pissed about that as they couldn't get any tickets but already booked flights. Not sure if we would have sold all 2.500 but probably 2k. So I guess Rangers will get an UEFA fine for that.

Our Match against Spartak: 21.400 is right. For european matches the capacity is 24k. Spartak fans officially were not allowed by UEFA so the away stand was empty. As there were some of them in one of the home stands Rapid talked with UEFA officials and brought them to the away stand.

Our derby last week: The pitch invasion wasn't that bad and nothing happened. Reasons were, well it was a derby and we lost. But also fanclubs want the coach to leave as we suck this season (actually not just this one...).

Nevertheless we are looking forward to visit Glasgow and I hope everything will be fine without any trouble.

18 minutes ago, sotsog said:

Hello from Vienna,

The ticket problem: Yes, UEFA regulations are 5% of the tickets but we only got 1.200. So some fans are pissed about that as they couldn't get any tickets but already booked flights. Not sure if we would have sold all 2.500 but probably 2k. So I guess Rangers will get an UEFA fine for that.

Our Match against Spartak: 21.400 is right. For european matches the capacity is 24k. Spartak fans officially were not allowed by UEFA so the away stand was empty. As there were some of them in one of the home stands Rapid talked with UEFA officials and brought them to the away stand.

Our derby last week: The pitch invasion wasn't that bad and nothing happened. Reasons were, well it was a derby and we lost. But also fanclubs want the coach to leave as we suck this season (actually not just this one...).

Nevertheless we are looking forward to visit Glasgow and I hope everything will be fine without any trouble.

Welcome ? Expecting a good tie and atmosphere.

I don’t expect we would have reduced the amount of tickets without good reason - certainly not one thmat would get us fined.

Spartak fans banned? Interesting... They won’t find any tickets in the home end for this tie, that’s for sure.

21 minutes ago, sotsog said:

Hello from Vienna,

There’ll be no trouble unless yous decide to build sandcastles, pal..

25 minutes ago, sotsog said:

Hello from Vienna,

How many does the away stand hold so we can guess how many tickets we'll get

Edit.. I suppose if I'd subtracted 21400 from 24000 I wouldn't have needed to ask that

21 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I don’t expect we would have reduced the amount of tickets without good reason - certainly not one thmat would get us fined.

Spartak fans banned? Interesting... They won’t find any tickets in the home end for this tie, that’s for sure.

Official reason of yours is "security" I guess although I would be interested in why as there hasn't been any problems in Glasgow last time I think. Also at UEFA matches there aren't any problems normally aside from a "Puta Valancia" banner 2 years ago and as we got attacked in Saloniki in 2012.

15 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

How many does the away stand hold so we can guess how many tickets we'll get

Edit.. I suppose if I'd subtracted 21400 from 24000 I wouldn't have needed to ask that

Stadium wasn't sold out anyway but it's 5% so 1.200.

12 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Hello from Vienna sounds too much like the Eurovision song contest????

12 points go to Scotland ?

8 minutes ago, sotsog said:

Official reason of yours is "security" I guess although I would be interested in why as there hasn't been any problems in Glasgow last time I think. Also at UEFA matches there aren't any problems normally aside from a "Puta Valancia" banner 2 years ago and as we got attacked in Saloniki in 2012.

Is your username short for Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants? 

Genuinely interested as sotsog is how I refer to my least favourite Oasis album. 

36 minutes ago, sotsog said:

Segregation at Ibrox is more difficult once you go above about 1200 away fans. Above that number you will have Rangers fans sitting in the tier behind the away fans, which brings potential safety issues.

It would be fine, but the club are probably just being cautious.

1 minute ago, FSM said:

I love it when foreign opposition supporters come on for a wee chat. Do we have anyone on here who can go visit the Vienna forum and do the same? "Hello from Glasgow".

Redwhiteandblue would be my choice.

Him or KingKirk. Both would be great ambassadors for us. 

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

Their ban is finished now, free to come to Ibrox.

2 hours ago, sotsog said:

I hope your fans are familiar with the codex.

19 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Did you know they were the first European team to play at Ibrox.    Did the tour today and thats what they said.  

But fuck that, they cheated celtic when I was a kid and got a one off replay match against them at Old Trafford and pumped them,  I think one of their fans attacked one of their players after the game or it was their keeper during the  game.  Can't really remember but they lived up to their reputation that night just like they did in the second leg at the piggery when bottles rained on the pitch from the jungle which forced UEFA to order a one off match. 

596959FB-6591-4EDA-9E46-F968E07D7202.jpegReminded me of seeing this on the tour there. ??