Tav’s Rangers Stats

jbm26896

He is a very good player for us, also hardly misses a game.

i had doubts about him being captain, but now feel he is growing strongly into the captains role. 

I think it's very harsh to say he can't defend but this is what the media continue to throw down our throats (especially radio pundits) and unfortunately a few fans also state this. It seems imo that say something enough times then more and more people believe it to be true. 

Yes he has made a few mistakes but who hasn't? He is far from a bad defender.

Tav is one of the top players at this club, and easily one of our most valuable assets we have.

Never really understood the stick he gets at time.  Yeah he has bad games, but he also has great games.   He rarely seems to get the praise he deserves, and often gets shit he doesn't deserve.  It's weird.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Mental that we only paid about £200,000 for him. 

In hindsight, Warburton seems to be good at buying players on the cheap and selling them on for a bigger profit (Waghorn, Windass, Tavernier, Foderingham).

While he would probably be a very good Director of Football, it's just a shame that he's utterly shite at the managerial side of things. 

He's a good player but that's his positive stats. I'm Scotland you rarely have a player who can attack and defend bay full back so I'm happy with him.

However; How many goals have we conceded that were his fault? I can think of 2 this season domestically that results in us being behind the beasts.

13 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

He has to be right up there with those stats. I haven't seen as potent an attacking right back in a long time. Sandy Jardine maybe? 

Would have loved to have seen Tavernier on one side and Davie Robertson flying down the other. 

Hutton

Also - always felt Robertson was overrated.  Numan was a better player.  So was Van Bronkhorst

3 good posts on here which sum Tavernier up perfectly (I can’t figure out how to quote them from different pages):

1. Regardless of his defensive qualities he would be missed if sold.

2. He cost very little when signed, and

3. His current value is probably 50 times what we paid for him.

Also, for all the goals against that he is held directly responsible, how many of them have come in the last quarter of games where he’s no doubt cunted having run himself ragged charging up and down the pitch?

Anyone got his average distance covered per game stat compared to other Rangers defenders? Would be interesting to find that out.

17 minutes ago, beararse said:

3 good posts on here which sum Tavernier up perfectly (I can’t figure out how to quote them from different pages):

1. Regardless of his defensive qualities he would be missed if sold.

2. He cost very little when signed, and

3. His current value is probably 50 times what we paid for him.

Agree with most of that .Not last part .

Hopefully this season .We are saying these things at the business end of the season .Where it counts 

13 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Agree with most of that .Not last part .

Hopefully this season .We are saying these things at the business end of the season .Where it counts 

Was quoting ‘50 times’, (which as Rangers captain is his value to us, if not his actual market value).

Even if his market value turned out to be significantly less, say 20 times what we paid, that is still a fantastic piece of business.

Like you said, it’s all about where we are at the end of the season, not the start.

12 minutes ago, beararse said:

Was quoting ‘50 times’, (which as Rangers captain is his value to us, if not his actual market value).

Even if his market value turned out to be significantly less, say 20 times what we paid, that is still a fantastic piece of business.

Like you said, it’s all about where we are at the end of the season, not the start.

No I meant the part I never quoted mate 

You can't use that as an excuse for his horrific defending these past 4 years 

Not buying that one ?

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

No I meant the part I never quoted mate 

You can't use that as an excuse for his horrific defending these past 4 years 

Not buying that one ?

Ah, I see.

I’m not Tav’s biggest fan but just wondered if his distance covered correlated with his lapses in defence at the end of games.

Having played football all my life, moving from midfield to full back then centre half, I would say full back was the most exhausting and taxing position.

That were all.