Tav’s Rangers Stats

jbm26896

59 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yes he did when we drew the game and won on pens 

A pen shoot out where he missed his ?

But but did we win?   Let's be honest we have no had a decent centre half since admin 2012 until this season and wou won't beat anyone ifvyounare weak through the middle 

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Ah, I see.

I’m not Tav’s biggest fan but just wondered if his distance covered correlated with his lapses in defence at the end of games.

Having played football all my life, moving from midfield to full back then centre half, I would say full back was the most exhausting and taxing position.

That were all.

Having playing centre half all my younger days . I would have to disagree

The midfield has always been the hardest position for covering of distance

48 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

But but did we win?   Let's be honest we have no had a decent centre half since admin 2012 until this season and wou won't beat anyone ifvyounare weak through the middle 

You knew the answer to your original point mate . You love Tav and I don't

It's simple as that . Just a differing opinion . I don't like losers . Tav is now surrounded by potential winners  .

We will see how it works out

1 hour ago, jbm26896 said:

Agreed , but cannot say his stats are not impressive.

I would much rather have a player that played in 6 out of 10 OF wins. Cup final wins . Big game wins

Than 20 odd assists and 6/7 penalties .

Not giving an inch on Tav mate . He has been worse than shocking last few years IMO

We will see how it goes this season

42 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You knew the answer to your original point mate . You love Tav and I don't

It's simple as that . Just a differing opinion . I don't like losers . Tav is now surrounded by potential winners  .

We will see how it works out

No I was 2 years out look above ?, Tav is good st going forward and his defending is getting better, his final ball needs to improve and he needs to ne more vocal as a captain, but for £200k?   He was a bargain especially when we saw Herrera and Pena costing £3m between them.   

He is not a loser as I said previously we did not have 1 never mind 2 centre halfs in all the years we came through the leagues, now we have a lot more solid feel about us and I still feel we need a top midfielder who can put his foot on the ball.   

I did not expect the Europa league, but I do think we have a very good chance of winning the league with his team and I do think we will beat them on Dec 29th but we can't drop silly points here and there and must turn draws into wins.

Like you all I want is to win 55 and I hope it is Tav that lifts it now as he's the captain, he's no Richard Gough or Barry Ferguson, but he knows the drill now with someone like McGregor back in the team. 

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

No I was 2 years out look above ?, Tav is good st going forward and his defending is getting better, his final ball needs to improve and he needs to ne more vocal as a captain, but for £200k?   He was a bargain especially when we saw Herrera and Pena costing £3m between them.   

He is not a loser as I said previously we did not have 1 never mind 2 centre halfs in all the years we came through the leagues, now we have a lot more solid feel about us and I still feel we need a top midfielder who can put his foot on the ball.   

I did not expect the Europa league, but I do think we have a very good chance of winning the league with his team and I do think we will beat them on Dec 29th but we can't drop silly points here and there and must turn draws into wins.

Like you all I want is to win 55 and I hope it is Tav that lifts it now as he's the captain, he's no Richard Gough or Barry Ferguson, but he knows the drill now with someone like McGregor back in the team. 

Very good and fair reply mate . Hope your right and I'm feeling like humble pie

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I would much rather have a player that played in 6 out of 10 OF wins. Cup final wins . Big game wins

Than 20 odd assists and 6/7 penalties .

Not giving an inch on Tav mate . He has been worse than shocking last few years IMO

We will see how it goes this season

Dani Alves would more than likely have the same head to head results against celtic if he was surrounded with pish players and working with clueless managers with awful tactics, that doesn't mean he's a bad RB. Extreme example obviously, but you get the point I'm sure. 

Tav has been far from 'worse than awful' he's consistently been one of our best players since he's been here, stats also back that up. He's not always the best defensively, but no RB or any player playing in their position is. 

He could improve his game obviously, just like most, if not all players could.

45 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Dani Alves would more than likely have the same head to head results against celtic if he was surrounded with pish players and working with clueless managers with awful tactics, that doesn't mean he's a bad RB. Extreme example obviously, but you get the point I'm sure. 

Tav has been far from 'worse than awful' he's consistently been one of our best players since he's been here, stats also back that up. He's not always the best defensively, but no RB or any player playing in their position is. 

He could improve his game obviously, just like most, if not all players could.

It's too easy to blame all the other players and all the managers .

Let's see how he goes this season . Like everyone else . I want Tav to be brilliant and hopefully that means we are winning trophies .

Just now, eejay the dj said:

It's too easy to blame all the other players and all the managers .

Let's see how he goes this season . Like everyone else . I want Tav to be brilliant and hopefully that means we are winning trophies .

He's already looked a lot better this season with better players around him imo, so i think blaming players and managers is justified tbh, not that i think Tav has ever been even close to being as bad as people make out he is.

I'm not sure what more people actually want or expect from him. He's already comfortably the best RB in the league, he's been improving every season since he's been here, and when we do eventually sell him, we'll make millions in profit and until then he's easily one of the first names on the team sheet. 

I genuinely can't get my head around a lot of the criticism he gets. 

Too many poor games against celtic(who are our best yardstick to judge players on). The last old firm game was the final straw for me. Tav was not a priority to get rid of this past close season, but he probably should be a priority next close season. If he does leave though he will leave with my best wishes and my thanks for his contribution these past few years.

2 hours ago, teuchterblue said:

Too many poor games against celtic(who are our best yardstick to judge players on). The last old firm game was the final straw for me. Tav was not a priority to get rid of this past close season, but he probably should be a priority next close season. If he does leave though he will leave with my best wishes and my thanks for his contribution these past few years.

He's been made captain, just be handed a bumper new contract, and we knocked back a bid in excess of £3m in the summer.  The manager rates him very highly indeed and he'll be going nowhere unless a massive bid comes in.

2 hours ago, MikeBlue said:

Yes you're right - that's why he got 3 caps for Scotland and Numan got 45 for Holland

What the fuck has that got to do with it 

It's for Rangers 

Have you counted the medals won  for our club if you want to use this kind of argument ?

Numan was superb but having lived through both eras and seen them both 

Robbo was had much more impact 

10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

What the fuck has that got to do with it 

It's for Rangers 

Have you counted the medals won  for our club if you want to use this kind of argument ?

Numan was superb but having lived through both eras and seen them both 

Robbo was had much more impact 

Daft argument - it's a team game.  Pieter Huistra won 5 Championships compared to Laudrup's 3 but it doesn't make him a better player.

I also watched them both and eventually got fed up with the persistent habit Robertson had of advancing with the ball and then giving a hospital pass inside to one of our midfielders which got cut out.

Look it is all about opinion and you rate him highly.  I said I thought he was overrated and considering he played for six years for a team which was far better than any other in Scotland the fact he only got three caps does suggest that I wasn't the only one.

On 22/09/2018 at 10:05, eejay the dj said:

Having playing centre half all my younger days . I would have to disagree

The midfield has always been the hardest position for covering of distance

Perhaps back in the days when full backs were defenders, now they are wingers, auxiliary midfielders and defenders all rolled into one.

thank feck my playing days as left back are well behind me ?

19 minutes ago, beararse said:

Perhaps back in the days when full backs were defenders, now they are wingers, auxiliary midfielders and defenders all rolled into one.

thank feck my playing days as left back are well behind me ?

Me too . Although I wish I was still able to play the way I used too .