Graham Dorrans

Lloyd

13 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Don't forgot Rossiter still to come back at some point. If he can stay fit is another story. 

Gerrard did say he impressed most during the training camp.

Was positive I hadn't left anybody out, fucked it :lol:

Rossiter too then. Plenty combinations we can go with to keep the legs fresh.

Really hope to see more of this kind of form from Dorrans and hope that he stays fit ..... him and Coulibaly along with Arfield  could be the right midfield combination that has the ability to not only feed the strikers, but also add to the striking potential .... fitness is definitely  the key here ... but it all looks promising and as said above, hopefully young Rossiter can achieve the same degree of fitness and cause the manager some good headaches.

:UK:

8 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Was positive I hadn't left anybody out, fucked it :lol:

Rossiter too then. Plenty combinations we can go with to keep the legs fresh.

Yeah we are not short of options in there.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see what Gerrard thinks his strongest 3 are.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Gerrard said the same about Windass.

Windass likely did look good in training. But it didn't take the gaffer long to figure out he wasn't going to produce it on the pitch or fit his system.

Rossiter will also need to produce on the pitch.

Under Pedro he played as a deep lying midfielder. Although he certainly has the passing ability to play there he doesn't (like halliday)have the required energy and physicality to play this position.

He needs a shot playing in more attack minded midfield position with 2, more physical midfielders playing deeper.

3 hours ago, Dado'sMulls said:

We can pick any 3 from 7 now in midfield: Jack, Arfield, Lass, Ejaria, Halliday, McCrorie, Dorrans

Thats good depth, I wonder what Gerrard thinks our strongest trio is? 

I like McCrorie, Coulibaly and Dorrans with Kent left and Candeias right. 

5 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Could be a real force for us if he stays fit 

It is possible . Dorrans is just average like last seasons performances suggest .

If SG gets anything out of him in the future . That will be good news for Rangers .

I can never see him being a force going on last year however

19 minutes ago, five stars said:

Under Pedro he played as a deep lying midfielder. Although he certainly has the passing ability to play there he doesn't (like halliday)have the required energy and physicality to play this position.

He needs a shot playing in more attack minded midfield position with 2, more physical midfielders playing deeper.

Are you saying halliday doesn't have energy? Physicality I get, but energy? Must be watching different players as I see plenty of energy from Andy. That's surely the one thing that's never been in doubt.

34 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Are you saying halliday doesn't have energy? Physicality I get, but energy? Must be watching different players as I see plenty of energy from Andy. That's surely the one thing that's never been in doubt.

With Halliday it's more about lack of physicality.

4 hours ago, plumbGER said:

He's been pretty shite imo but I hope to fuck he comes back and makes me eat my words, there's no doubting he was once a good player but hasn't shown it often enough with us. 

In his defence, he has been managed by buffoons up until now and struggled after his injury (plus injuries he had before joining that I don't think he had fully recovered from).

Agree with all of this...... hope he can play like he did last night more often. if he does we have a top class player on our hands.

4 hours ago, five stars said:

I think he'll get his shot in the AM role with jack and coulibaly playing deeper. 

18 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Agree with all of this...... hope he can play like he did last night more often. if he does we have a top class player on our hands.

Yes mate, I have been particularly vocal in my disappointment with him so far.

You are right though, if that was a glimpse of what to come this season then he will prove me wrong no question (and I look forward to that)

The transformation in Halliday for example has been remarkable, so who knows what Stevie, Gary Mac  and their team can get out of player who was genuinely a good EPL player in years gone by.