On this day 62 years ago.

backup

1 hour ago, backup said:

On this day 21st September 1956 The Rangers greatest ever manager William Struth passed away. His memory will be for ever revered.

Very true mate.

The biggest manager in the biggest Club will never be forgotten.

RIP Mr Struth, we welcome the chase.

5 hours ago, bornabear said:

Very true mate.

The biggest manager in the biggest Club will never be forgotten.

RIP Mr Struth, we welcome the chase.

His office is still there and still the way he left it.  The club have never changed it ?

55 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

His office is still there and still the way he left it.  The club have never changed it ?

33 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

King oot --- you'd think the miserable bastard would have given it a coat of paint....  :whistle:

Thank fuck that cockroach never sold the stuff.

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Was at Ibrox today doing the tour with the wife and wee man,  £35 for us all and I tell you what it's the best value for £35 you will ever get.

Saw Mr Struths office and it still the same as it was left all those years ago and a picture of the queen above the dressing door and a big fuck of one of her majesty that the captain always sits under and Tav jersey is underneath it  

Then  walking out the tunnel to Simply the best,  I swear no cunt in the stadium and  your pumped up walking out the tunnel,  if a cunt ran past in a tarrier  jersey you would hit some cunt in the govan rear with him ,but imagine walking out to a wall of noise of us bears?   You just could not imagine it until you have actually experienced it I think   

This is too Our main stand, When all the other stadiums were getting bulldozed and remodelled we spend £20m on ours at the time to add the club deck, to me it's  one of the best main stands in European if not world football,  We really are spoiled with a stadium like Ibrox. 

Mate I remember walking down the tunnel chest was out and i swear i felt about ten foot tall

1 hour ago, lewislaudrup said:

Mate I remember walking down the tunnel chest was out and i swear i felt about ten foot tall

I walked down with my son,  it took me 48 years and that wee cunt 9, also the away room pegs are higher then the home pegs , Mr Struth ordered it so the away team had to stretch to put their cloths on the pegs,  physiological  thing and they are still like that now.  

And I never realised until Rangers Mr Struth had never even played football or had anything to do with football , he was a fitness guy and demanded the fittest team in the league, we always traveled first class and each player changed their full kit at halftime where as others only used 1, he also used to line all these international players against the wall and wound say fix your shirt, pull up those socks etc and only 2 players survive from under him and they still call him Mr Struth. 

He will never be surpassed as a Rangers manager but I also loved seeing Jock Wallace who is a personal favourite of mine, The tour was so much better than I couldn't have imagined and I would urge all bears to go as it's not expensive and gives the club much needed revenue.