Gerrard and Middleton Press Conference

Marky.

3 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

Gerrard best asset is he isn't deluded like so many managers who talk about philosophy and other such bollocks. You play to your strengths and know what your players can and can't do. 

Very pleased to hear him talk about us being at our best whilst playing on the front foot.  Had a wee niggling concern we were setting up with the opponent in mind to often, which is fine when away in Spain, not so much Motherwell. 

Trying had to remain realistic but it’s hard not to be feeling very optimistic about where we are heading - an amazing transformation in such a short space of time. 

Gerrard oozes confidence and self belief without coming across as arrogant and/or delusional which is a pretty special ability to possess.

He doesn’t seem to over complicate anything and clearly thinks first before speaking.

The players must be absolutely buzzing working with him day in, day out.

You can just tell he is destined for great things in his managerial career, hopefully with Rangers benefitting for a fair few years.

Its become cliched to talk about being able to listen to the guy all day, class act ect, but he really is a brilliant listen, very honest, objective, extremely sharp football brain, knows exactly what he needs to do and how to do it.

It almost ridicules now looking back and remembering all the doubts people had about him coming in, just because he was a world class player doesn't make him a good manager, he wont be able to improve the players we had ect, ignoring that this is Stevie fucking G, a guy who made his own history by being a consummate professional with superb work ethic to go with 24 Carat talent.

whats obv is he also has the personality to go with it, His man management has been superb, weeding out the imposters and concentrating on the players  he thinks he can salvage, to a man they have responding and the squad look really together, they must absolutely love playing for him, it must be amazing going into training compared to last years farce and Stevie G is coaching you, its clear he cracks the whip but respect must be total, the new boys also saying to a man he was massive in their decision to come, so much more to come, we're still in infancy in terms of where Stevie can take us, when Stevie says he's building something special here, I believe him, what a prospect.

Do you know what, last night I asked has there been any post match interviews with Gerrard put up, see if it was the last few years I wouldn't have given a fuck, but now I try and watch every one they put out with him.

Obviously it's to do with the tripe we had to listen to past few seasons, diffirence is amazing.

22 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Watched a documentary on the great man an his impact on Liverpool, thie city not just the football team:

Some other quotes:

If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game.

If celtic were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.

What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.

Yes Roger Hunt (Morelos) misses a few, but he gets in the right place to miss them.

Tommy Smith wasn’t born, he was quarried.

?

Good post mate ..... I would bet my house that SG knows all those  Shankley quotes.

I have worked with quite a few scousers and they can be as funny as fuck .... even asking for directions down there you were  likely to be hit with the quip ... "dunno ...  ask Bill "