Rangers Cult Heroes

Some players mentioned were regular players and too good to be classed as cult heroes e.g. Parlane, Hately, Novo etc

For me a cult hero is not the best player in the side. He's got to have at least one massive obvious weakness. Despite their failings we love having them all the same.

Sadiq is a cult hero in waiting.

26 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Some players mentioned were regular players and too good to be classed as cult heroes e.g. Parlane, Hately, Novo etc

For me a cult hero is not the best player in the side. He's got to have at least one massive obvious weakness. Despite their failings we love having them all the same.

Sadiq is a cult hero in waiting.

?

Morelos .... is on his way also I would say.

:UK:

Pedro Mendes.  Not everyone liked Mendes when he was here (as hard as that is to believe) but he was an incredible player.  I still think he's the greatest passer of a ball I've ever seen in a Rangers jersey.  The range of passing he had, especially the one touch stuff and through balls, were sublime.  

54 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Getting away from the point fellow bears. Great players and underated players are entirely different from cult heroes.

Marvin Andrews - definite yes.

I loved big Marvin.  He was a big physical player brought in at a time when we were competing against MON's teams and done a great job.  He met everything in the air and could head the ball from defence to the halfway line.  We knew what we were getting and he did it brilliantly.  

11 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Is Tavernier a cult hero?  He gets a fair amount of criticism but I suspect once he leaves we'll appreciate the good things he did do even more.  

9 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Daniel Candeias has the makings of a cult hero, not the greatest to ever grace us but loves playing for us and leaves nothing on the pitch, could hardly talk when doing his after match interview the other night, puts in some shift.

Some of the efforts he puts in are almost superhuman.  Like that night at home to Osijek.  He has a tremendous amount of assists, works like a dog, and was our POTY last season.  

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Is Tavernier a cult hero?  He gets a fair amount of criticism but I suspect once he leaves we'll appreciate the good things he did do even more.  

Could be. We already appreciate the good things he does. It's the bad things he needs to work on.